Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Tunisia secure three points with late penalty against Botswana
The first half was dominated by Tunisia at the Olympic Rades Stadium and they had several dangerous opportunities. The most dangerous of which came in the 11th and the 33rd minutes, when the post denied the Carthage Eagles from the scoring.
However, Botswana managed to take the lead in the 44th minute after a counter-attack was finished off by Joel Mogorosi, following some awful defending by the Tunisian defense.
The second half saw more Tunisian pressure, from both the players and their fans. This pressure resulted in a free-kick scored by Wahbi Khazri in the 75th minute.
As the game was coming to an end, Tunisia were awarded a penalty after a handball from a Botswana defender, and Yassine Chikhaoui was able to convert from the spot in the 90th minute.
Tunisia are now joint leaders of Group G with Senegal, just one goal difference behind, as they head to Cairo to face the Egyptian national team on Wednesday.