Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
Tunisia secure three points with late penalty against Botswana
The first half was dominated by Tunisia at the Olympic Rades Stadium and they had several dangerous opportunities. The most dangerous of which came in the 11th and the 33rd minutes, when the post denied the Carthage Eagles from the scoring.
However, Botswana managed to take the lead in the 44th minute after a counter-attack was finished off by Joel Mogorosi, following some awful defending by the Tunisian defense.
The second half saw more Tunisian pressure, from both the players and their fans. This pressure resulted in a free-kick scored by Wahbi Khazri in the 75th minute.
As the game was coming to an end, Tunisia were awarded a penalty after a handball from a Botswana defender, and Yassine Chikhaoui was able to convert from the spot in the 90th minute.
Tunisia are now joint leaders of Group G with Senegal, just one goal difference behind, as they head to Cairo to face the Egyptian national team on Wednesday.