Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
Shikabala to stay at Sporting Lisbon
Shikabala, who joined the Portuguese side in January, has been heavily linked with a return to Zamalek in recent weeks, and these rumours intensified after he was left out of the club’s Champions League squad.
President, Bruno de Carvalho, said: “There is absolutely no agreement [with Zamalek or other]. Shikabala is part of the Sporting squad, and he will stay at the Alvalade.” Reiterating: “He is not going to Egypt at all.”
Last week, Shikabala’s representative in Portugal, Paulo Faria, was publicly criticised by the club for statements made to Rádio Renascença regarding the player’s future at the Alvalade. Sporting said that they hoped the statements were not “attempts to destabilise the athlete which would prompt him to take any action that distorts his behaviour towards Sporting or in order to force him out of the club.”
Shikabala has made just one competitive appearance for Sporting since his arrival, and it remains to be seen whether he will feature at all this season. He has failed to receive a call-up to any of the club’s games so far.