Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Shikabala to stay at Sporting Lisbon
Shikabala, who joined the Portuguese side in January, has been heavily linked with a return to Zamalek in recent weeks, and these rumours intensified after he was left out of the club’s Champions League squad.
President, Bruno de Carvalho, said: “There is absolutely no agreement [with Zamalek or other]. Shikabala is part of the Sporting squad, and he will stay at the Alvalade.” Reiterating: “He is not going to Egypt at all.”
Last week, Shikabala’s representative in Portugal, Paulo Faria, was publicly criticised by the club for statements made to Rádio Renascença regarding the player’s future at the Alvalade. Sporting said that they hoped the statements were not “attempts to destabilise the athlete which would prompt him to take any action that distorts his behaviour towards Sporting or in order to force him out of the club.”
Shikabala has made just one competitive appearance for Sporting since his arrival, and it remains to be seen whether he will feature at all this season. He has failed to receive a call-up to any of the club’s games so far.