After more than three years of absence, the Arab Champions League is...
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
Shikabala to stay at Sporting Lisbon
Shikabala, who joined the Portuguese side in January, has been heavily linked with a return to Zamalek in recent weeks, and these rumours intensified after he was left out of the club’s Champions League squad.
President, Bruno de Carvalho, said: “There is absolutely no agreement [with Zamalek or other]. Shikabala is part of the Sporting squad, and he will stay at the Alvalade.” Reiterating: “He is not going to Egypt at all.”
Last week, Shikabala’s representative in Portugal, Paulo Faria, was publicly criticised by the club for statements made to Rádio Renascença regarding the player’s future at the Alvalade. Sporting said that they hoped the statements were not “attempts to destabilise the athlete which would prompt him to take any action that distorts his behaviour towards Sporting or in order to force him out of the club.”
Shikabala has made just one competitive appearance for Sporting since his arrival, and it remains to be seen whether he will feature at all this season. He has failed to receive a call-up to any of the club’s games so far.