Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Salah makes first appearance of the season as Chelsea seal 4-2 win over Swansea
Chelsea continued their perfect start to the season with a fourth consecutive win – 4-2 against Swansea, despite a poor start from the Blues.
After starting off poorly when John Terry scored an own goal in the 11th minute of the match, turning home a great cross from Swansea’s left-back Neil Taylor, the Blues managed to equalize seconds before the referee blew the half-time whistle. Diego Costa was once again on target for Chelsea, scoring a decent header from a Cesc Fabregas corner-kick.
The second-half started with a big change in Chelsea’s playing style, and 11 minutes into the half Costa made it two thanks to another Fabregas assist.
Exactly 11 minutes after the second, super Diego Costa made it three to complete his first Chelsea hat-trick, his 7th goal in four appearances.
The Spain international striker was subbed off for Loic Remy of France, Chelsea’s latest signing from the summer transfer window, who managed to make it four for the Blues just five minutes after entering the pitch.
Egypt’s Mohamed Salah entered the pitch in the 81st minute, making his first appearance of the season after replacing Fabregas.
— Omar Niyazi (@OmarNiyazi) September 13, 2014
Just before stoppage time, Jonjo Shelvey pulled back a second goal for Swansea, but it proved to be no more than consolation.
Mohamed Salah managed to impress in his short cameo appearance, most notably with a mazy run down the left, before attempting a left-footed curler which went over the bar.
Salah goes on a weaving run down the left, and then from the right side shoots not far wide. #CFCLive
— Chelsea FC (@chelseafc) September 13, 2014
It should be noted that Egypt coach Shawky Gharib partially blamed Chelsea for Salah’s display of ‘poor fitness’ against Senegal during the international break, due to his lack of playing time in England.
Chelsea will begin their quest for another Champions League title next Wednesday when they face Schalke 04 in their opening game of the group stages, before they take a train to Manchester to face City in a very tough test at the Etihad Stadium.