Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
VIDEO: Wadi Degla salvage draw with Petrojet in Egyptian Premier League opener
Wadi Degla salvaged a 1-1 draw with Petrojet on Monday afternoon at the Military Stadium in Suez.
Wadi Degla XI : Amir Abdel-Hamid; Sameh Abdel-Fadil, Mohamed El-Hossary, Mohamed Abdel-Fatah, El-Sayed Salem, Mohamed Homos, Hossam Arafat, Islam Adel, Abdelfattah El-Agha, Stanley Ohawitchi
Petrojet XI : Mohamed El-Shennawy; Osama Mohamed, Mohamed Dabsh, Peter Odoro, Ahmed Abdel-Ghany, Mostafa Shebeita, Mostafa Abdel-Khalek, Bilal Allam, Ahmed Magdy, James Tibi, Mohamed El-Shaarawy.
The match kicked off with Wadi Degla exerting pressure on the hosts and one minute into the match Wadi Degla came close to opening the scoring.
Ex-Ismaily captain Mohamed Homos could’ve opened his account for the Yellow-Blacks minutes later, but his strike went over the bar.
Degla were showing more signs of danger when Islam Adel combined with Hossam Arafat, but the Suez side’s presence in defence deterred the danger.
It took the Petroleum club 34 minutes to pose any real threat, James Tibi latched onto Dabsh’s cross but saw his header saved by Amir Abdel-Hamid.
Minutes later, Petrojet’s Mohamed El-Shaarawy opened the scoring when he combined with Dabsh and slotted the ball to signal the first goal for the Suez side.
Wadi Degla though managed to equalise when substitute Mohab Said managed to win a penalty in the 66th minute of the game; Mohamed El-Hossary cooly converted his spot-kick to draw Wadi Degla level.
It is also worth mentioning that Haras El-Hodood defeated newly promoted Assiouty Sport 2-1 at the Max Stadium while El-Gouna played out a goalless draw with Ittihad of Alexandria.