Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
VIDEO: Wadi Degla salvage draw with Petrojet in Egyptian Premier League opener
Wadi Degla salvaged a 1-1 draw with Petrojet on Monday afternoon at the Military Stadium in Suez.
Wadi Degla XI : Amir Abdel-Hamid; Sameh Abdel-Fadil, Mohamed El-Hossary, Mohamed Abdel-Fatah, El-Sayed Salem, Mohamed Homos, Hossam Arafat, Islam Adel, Abdelfattah El-Agha, Stanley Ohawitchi
Petrojet XI : Mohamed El-Shennawy; Osama Mohamed, Mohamed Dabsh, Peter Odoro, Ahmed Abdel-Ghany, Mostafa Shebeita, Mostafa Abdel-Khalek, Bilal Allam, Ahmed Magdy, James Tibi, Mohamed El-Shaarawy.
The match kicked off with Wadi Degla exerting pressure on the hosts and one minute into the match Wadi Degla came close to opening the scoring.
Ex-Ismaily captain Mohamed Homos could’ve opened his account for the Yellow-Blacks minutes later, but his strike went over the bar.
Degla were showing more signs of danger when Islam Adel combined with Hossam Arafat, but the Suez side’s presence in defence deterred the danger.
It took the Petroleum club 34 minutes to pose any real threat, James Tibi latched onto Dabsh’s cross but saw his header saved by Amir Abdel-Hamid.
Minutes later, Petrojet’s Mohamed El-Shaarawy opened the scoring when he combined with Dabsh and slotted the ball to signal the first goal for the Suez side.
Wadi Degla though managed to equalise when substitute Mohab Said managed to win a penalty in the 66th minute of the game; Mohamed El-Hossary cooly converted his spot-kick to draw Wadi Degla level.
It is also worth mentioning that Haras El-Hodood defeated newly promoted Assiouty Sport 2-1 at the Max Stadium while El-Gouna played out a goalless draw with Ittihad of Alexandria.