Zamalek left-back Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh has officially signed a five-year contract extension with...
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
El-Nenny features as Real Madrid thrash Basel in Champions League opener
Basel started the game brightly with Casillas having to make an early save from El Nenny’s shot. However, when Nacho’s cross was deflected off Suchy, Real Madrid were already in front.
It did not stop there, Bale finished off neatly after Modric put him through on goal with an exquisite through ball to make it 2-0 with 30 minutes on the clock.
It was not long before Bale squared the ball for Ronaldo to tap in to make it 3-0 a minute later. Vaclik then failed to hold on to Benzema’s shot and James Rodriguez tapped in to make four.
Basel did score though, El-Nenny put Zuffi into space, who slipped through Gonzalez who finished low across Casillas. Madrid did have the last say, Benzema finished off nicely to make it 5-1 and end the misery for Basel.
Mohamed El-Nenny played 90 minutes and looked lively early on. However in the second half he was forced to sit back.
It is worth noting that Ahmed Hamoudi was not included in the matchday squad.
Basel now are bottom of Group B with no points while Real Madrid top the group on goal difference.