Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Salah left out as Chelsea draw at home against Schalke
Mourinho’s men started the first half aiming to score which they did early in the 11th minute as the man in form Cesc Fabregas placed the ball in Fahrmann’s net after some incredible footwork and a beautiful assist by Eden Hazard.
The Blues took control of the game in the first half except for some threats by Draxler and Huntelaar which were nullified, while two long range shots by Kevin-Prince Boateng did not trouble Courtois.
Unfortunately for Chelsea, their resilience didn’t last long as Huntelaar scored for his team in the 61st minute after a great counter-attack by Draxler and a mistake by goalscorer Fabregas.
Mourinho, who previously stated that Chelsea “will do everything to qualify” risked it all and introduced Diego Costa and Loic Remy onto the pitch alongside Didier Drogba, but the match ended in a draw.
On a side note, the Egyptian Blue Mohamed Salah was not included in the 18-man squad. It’s also worth noting that Sporting Lisbon, who accompany Chelsea in Group G and hold Rami Rabia amd Shikabala amongst their ranks, drew away against Maribor after the hosts scored an injury-time equaliser to stun Sporting who had went up thanks to a Luis Nani goal.
Rami Rabia didn’t make the squad due to injury while Shikabala was excluded from the club’s Champions League roster for technical reasons.