Mohamed Elneny took park in the “Impossible Behind The Goal Shot” challenge...
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
Salah left out as Chelsea draw at home against Schalke
Mourinho’s men started the first half aiming to score which they did early in the 11th minute as the man in form Cesc Fabregas placed the ball in Fahrmann’s net after some incredible footwork and a beautiful assist by Eden Hazard.
The Blues took control of the game in the first half except for some threats by Draxler and Huntelaar which were nullified, while two long range shots by Kevin-Prince Boateng did not trouble Courtois.
Unfortunately for Chelsea, their resilience didn’t last long as Huntelaar scored for his team in the 61st minute after a great counter-attack by Draxler and a mistake by goalscorer Fabregas.
Mourinho, who previously stated that Chelsea “will do everything to qualify” risked it all and introduced Diego Costa and Loic Remy onto the pitch alongside Didier Drogba, but the match ended in a draw.
On a side note, the Egyptian Blue Mohamed Salah was not included in the 18-man squad. It’s also worth noting that Sporting Lisbon, who accompany Chelsea in Group G and hold Rami Rabia amd Shikabala amongst their ranks, drew away against Maribor after the hosts scored an injury-time equaliser to stun Sporting who had went up thanks to a Luis Nani goal.
Rami Rabia didn’t make the squad due to injury while Shikabala was excluded from the club’s Champions League roster for technical reasons.