Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
West Africa to host three consecutive AFCONs
Cameroon and Cote d’Ivore have hosted the tournament before whilst Guinea get their first go in what was an unscheduled selection. According to a CAF spokesperson, the 2023 selection warranted the surprise announcement on the basis of Guinea’s “presentation and commitment”; adding that “the committee decided to exercise its power to make an immediate decision.”
The trio pipped favourites Algeria and Zambia, although they could get the nod for the 2017 event in-place of strife torn Libya.
The awarding of three straight tournaments to West Africa comes as a surprise noting how there has been a trend by CAF to spread the competition around the continent.