Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
West Africa to host three consecutive AFCONs
Cameroon and Cote d’Ivore have hosted the tournament before whilst Guinea get their first go in what was an unscheduled selection. According to a CAF spokesperson, the 2023 selection warranted the surprise announcement on the basis of Guinea’s “presentation and commitment”; adding that “the committee decided to exercise its power to make an immediate decision.”
The trio pipped favourites Algeria and Zambia, although they could get the nod for the 2017 event in-place of strife torn Libya.
The awarding of three straight tournaments to West Africa comes as a surprise noting how there has been a trend by CAF to spread the competition around the continent.