Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
VIDEO: Karim Hafez scores first goal for Lierse as they’re thrashed 6-1
Egyptian starlet Karim Hafez featured for 45 minutes and scored the opening goal of the game, while there wasn’t much to see from Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ as Lierse SK were thrashed 6-1 in the Jupiler Pro League against KVC Westerlo.
The fast-paced match experienced an explosive start, as 18-year-old Egyptian defender Karim Hafez leapt and scored a powerful header in the 21st minute, which shattered KVC Westerlo’s goal area. However, just 5 minutes later, Westerlo’s 26-year-old Beninese attacker Frederic Gounongbe scored an equalizer, which just missed the hands of the goalkeeper.
Things did not get any better for Lierse, as 23-year-old Moroccan attacker, Mohammed Aoulad scored via a free-kick just outside the 18-yard box, which was precisely aimed at the top-side of the net – a lethal area the goalkeeper wouldn’t be able to reach. With an added two minutes to the first half, the Moroccan spectacularly scored again for a 3-1 lead.
After the tense half-time, Lierse coach Stanley Menzo substituted the young Karim Hafez for 22-year-old Guinean attacker Alhassane Keita, who already scored 3 goals for Lierse this season.
Westerlo, however, were the ones who managed to score another goal as they bombarded the opposition’s penalty box. 28-year-old Ivorian attacker, Jean Romaric Kevin, easily slotted a goal past Lierse’s non-existent defense in the 52nd minute. Kevin scored another remarkable goal, just 20 minutes later, as the ball deflected off the right-hand post and traveled past the line.
In the 76th minute, Stanley Menzo replaced 18-year-old Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ for 22-year-old Kenyan midfielder Ayub Timbe Masika, for more-experienced legs on the pitch.
Midfielder Nils Schouterden finalized the game with a 6-1 win via another free-kick in the 89th minute, from a highly dangerous position for a humiliating end to the long match for Lierse.
The game ensured the loudly-cheering Westerlo fans were not disappointed, as they are currently ranked 4th in the Belgian league table with 13 points, while Lierse claim bottom-place with only 5 points.
Lierse SK’s next Pro League fixture, will be on the 28th of September against Standard Liège.