Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
KingFut’s African Goals of the Week | 9/12 – 9/19
The second installment of KingFut.com’s ‘African Goals of the Week’ series, a new weekly feature that will round up the most impressive goals scored by Africans across Europe!
Candidates for the list are any goals scored in a European league with a high UEFA coefficient (England, Spain, Italy, Germany, etc.) as well as the Champions League and Europa League, between each Tuesday and the following Monday.
Of course, the scorers of the goals on this list are strictly Africans, or footballers who are eligible to represent Africa on an international level.
Week 2: Friday, September 12 to Thursday, September 19
5. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund) vs SC Freiburg:
German powerhouse Dortmund took apart Freiburg in a ruthless counter-attacking display at Signal Iduna Park last weekend, and Aubameyang’s goal (his side’s third) put the icing on the cake. His pace and finishing were on display as he sprinted for yards and dinked the ball over a hapless Buerki to seal the points for his side.
4. Yacine Brahimi (FC Porto) vs BATE Borisov:
Algeria international Brahimi scored a hat-trick as Porto hammered BATE Borisov 6-0, in the biggest Champions League win so far. His second goal saw him dribble from just behind the halfway line and fight off a defender’s challenge before finishing from 15 yards.
3. Gervinho (AS Roma) vs CSKA Moscow:
In another big European win this week, Gervinho grabbed a brace as he helped Roma ease past CSKA Moscow with no fuss whatsoever. His second was this lovely solo effort.
2. Yacine Brahimi (FC Porto) vs BATE Borisov:
Brahimi completed his treble -and compounded BATE fans’ misery- with an excellent freekick that looped over the wall and into the corner, giving keeper Chernik no chance.
1. Gianella Imbula (Olympic de Marseille) vs Evian Thonon Gaillard:
The goal of the week is a spectacular effort from Imbula – who holds DR Congo citizenship – against a meek Evian side. Imbula received the ball more than 30 yards from the opposition goal before then turning and unleashing a vicious shot that deflected off Jonathan Mensah and flew into the net. Luck played it’s part, but this is still a golazo.