Egypt’s Minister of Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on Sunday the...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
KingFut’s African Goals of the Week | 9/12 – 9/19
The second installment of KingFut.com’s ‘African Goals of the Week’ series, a new weekly feature that will round up the most impressive goals scored by Africans across Europe!
Candidates for the list are any goals scored in a European league with a high UEFA coefficient (England, Spain, Italy, Germany, etc.) as well as the Champions League and Europa League, between each Tuesday and the following Monday.
Of course, the scorers of the goals on this list are strictly Africans, or footballers who are eligible to represent Africa on an international level.
Week 2: Friday, September 12 to Thursday, September 19
5. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund) vs SC Freiburg:
German powerhouse Dortmund took apart Freiburg in a ruthless counter-attacking display at Signal Iduna Park last weekend, and Aubameyang’s goal (his side’s third) put the icing on the cake. His pace and finishing were on display as he sprinted for yards and dinked the ball over a hapless Buerki to seal the points for his side.
4. Yacine Brahimi (FC Porto) vs BATE Borisov:
Algeria international Brahimi scored a hat-trick as Porto hammered BATE Borisov 6-0, in the biggest Champions League win so far. His second goal saw him dribble from just behind the halfway line and fight off a defender’s challenge before finishing from 15 yards.
3. Gervinho (AS Roma) vs CSKA Moscow:
In another big European win this week, Gervinho grabbed a brace as he helped Roma ease past CSKA Moscow with no fuss whatsoever. His second was this lovely solo effort.
2. Yacine Brahimi (FC Porto) vs BATE Borisov:
Brahimi completed his treble -and compounded BATE fans’ misery- with an excellent freekick that looped over the wall and into the corner, giving keeper Chernik no chance.
1. Gianella Imbula (Olympic de Marseille) vs Evian Thonon Gaillard:
The goal of the week is a spectacular effort from Imbula – who holds DR Congo citizenship – against a meek Evian side. Imbula received the ball more than 30 yards from the opposition goal before then turning and unleashing a vicious shot that deflected off Jonathan Mensah and flew into the net. Luck played it’s part, but this is still a golazo.