KingFut covers the live action as Zamalek attempt to mount a historic...
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
VIDEO: Hamoudi scores first goal on league debut as FC Basel beat Vaduz
The match was leveled at 1-1 early in the second-half, following Steven Lang’s first-half equalizer from the penalty spot after FC Basel opened the scoring in the first minute through Luca Zuffi, and the Swiss champions were growing frustrated by Vaduz’s resilient defending.
Egyptian duo Ahmed Hamoudi and Mohamed El-Nenny were introduced early in the second-half – replacing Matías Delgado and Marcelo Díaz receptively – and although El-Nenny played well, it was Hamoudi who made the bigger impact.
Hamoudi forced a save from the Vaduz keeper after an effort from a near impossible angle. Ten minutes later, Basel were back in front as the club’s top scorer Marco Streller scored his fifth goal of the season in the 80th minute.
Hamoudi, who was making his league debut, then struck again with a brilliant curling effort which hit the crossbar.
The Egyptian international was not to be denied though, Gonzalez’s cut-back to Hamoudi, who cut inside to rifle a left-footed shot into the back of the net to record his first league goal for FC Basel.
Basel now lead the Swiss Super League with 21 points, 2 points ahead of Zurich with an extra game played.