ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
VIDEO: Hamoudi scores first goal on league debut as FC Basel beat Vaduz
The match was leveled at 1-1 early in the second-half, following Steven Lang’s first-half equalizer from the penalty spot after FC Basel opened the scoring in the first minute through Luca Zuffi, and the Swiss champions were growing frustrated by Vaduz’s resilient defending.
Egyptian duo Ahmed Hamoudi and Mohamed El-Nenny were introduced early in the second-half – replacing Matías Delgado and Marcelo Díaz receptively – and although El-Nenny played well, it was Hamoudi who made the bigger impact.
Hamoudi forced a save from the Vaduz keeper after an effort from a near impossible angle. Ten minutes later, Basel were back in front as the club’s top scorer Marco Streller scored his fifth goal of the season in the 80th minute.
Hamoudi, who was making his league debut, then struck again with a brilliant curling effort which hit the crossbar.
The Egyptian international was not to be denied though, Gonzalez’s cut-back to Hamoudi, who cut inside to rifle a left-footed shot into the back of the net to record his first league goal for FC Basel.
Basel now lead the Swiss Super League with 21 points, 2 points ahead of Zurich with an extra game played.