Zambia U-20 national team manager Beston Cgambeshi has announced his squad for...
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
- Ahmed Yasser scores first goal in debut with Al Mina’a
- Cuper: Preparations for World Cup starts now
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
VIDEO: Hamoudi scores first goal on league debut as FC Basel beat Vaduz
The match was leveled at 1-1 early in the second-half, following Steven Lang’s first-half equalizer from the penalty spot after FC Basel opened the scoring in the first minute through Luca Zuffi, and the Swiss champions were growing frustrated by Vaduz’s resilient defending.
Egyptian duo Ahmed Hamoudi and Mohamed El-Nenny were introduced early in the second-half – replacing Matías Delgado and Marcelo Díaz receptively – and although El-Nenny played well, it was Hamoudi who made the bigger impact.
Hamoudi forced a save from the Vaduz keeper after an effort from a near impossible angle. Ten minutes later, Basel were back in front as the club’s top scorer Marco Streller scored his fifth goal of the season in the 80th minute.
Hamoudi, who was making his league debut, then struck again with a brilliant curling effort which hit the crossbar.
The Egyptian international was not to be denied though, Gonzalez’s cut-back to Hamoudi, who cut inside to rifle a left-footed shot into the back of the net to record his first league goal for FC Basel.
Basel now lead the Swiss Super League with 21 points, 2 points ahead of Zurich with an extra game played.