Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
VIDEO: Hamoudi scores first goal on league debut as FC Basel beat Vaduz
The match was leveled at 1-1 early in the second-half, following Steven Lang’s first-half equalizer from the penalty spot after FC Basel opened the scoring in the first minute through Luca Zuffi, and the Swiss champions were growing frustrated by Vaduz’s resilient defending.
Egyptian duo Ahmed Hamoudi and Mohamed El-Nenny were introduced early in the second-half – replacing Matías Delgado and Marcelo Díaz receptively – and although El-Nenny played well, it was Hamoudi who made the bigger impact.
Hamoudi forced a save from the Vaduz keeper after an effort from a near impossible angle. Ten minutes later, Basel were back in front as the club’s top scorer Marco Streller scored his fifth goal of the season in the 80th minute.
Hamoudi, who was making his league debut, then struck again with a brilliant curling effort which hit the crossbar.
The Egyptian international was not to be denied though, Gonzalez’s cut-back to Hamoudi, who cut inside to rifle a left-footed shot into the back of the net to record his first league goal for FC Basel.
Basel now lead the Swiss Super League with 21 points, 2 points ahead of Zurich with an extra game played.