Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
Gharib calls up six players abroad, Shikabala excluded
The players called up are Ahmed Elmohamady, Ahmed Fathi, Ahmed Hamoudi, Mohamed Salah, Mohamed El-Nenny and finally Saleh Gomaa.
Aly Ghazal, Shikabala, Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ and Ahmed Hegazy were the most noticeable absentees from the players playing abroad as they were included in the squad to face Senegal and Tunisia.
Shikabala came on in the final 20 minutes of Egypt’s loss against Tunisia, putting in a decent performance but was surprisingly not called up.
Saleh Gomaa will be the only player representing our Egyptians in Portugal as most noticeably Aly Ghazal – who was ever-present in the squad since Gharib took over – has been dropped following a series of disappointing performances for the national team, but is also said to be recovering from an injury as he missed out on Nacional’s last match.
Egypt are set to face Botswana twice on the 10th and 15th of October in what looks like a final bid for Gharib’s men to qualify for the African Cup of Nations.