KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Gharib calls up six players abroad, Shikabala excluded
The players called up are Ahmed Elmohamady, Ahmed Fathi, Ahmed Hamoudi, Mohamed Salah, Mohamed El-Nenny and finally Saleh Gomaa.
Aly Ghazal, Shikabala, Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ and Ahmed Hegazy were the most noticeable absentees from the players playing abroad as they were included in the squad to face Senegal and Tunisia.
Shikabala came on in the final 20 minutes of Egypt’s loss against Tunisia, putting in a decent performance but was surprisingly not called up.
Saleh Gomaa will be the only player representing our Egyptians in Portugal as most noticeably Aly Ghazal – who was ever-present in the squad since Gharib took over – has been dropped following a series of disappointing performances for the national team, but is also said to be recovering from an injury as he missed out on Nacional’s last match.
Egypt are set to face Botswana twice on the 10th and 15th of October in what looks like a final bid for Gharib’s men to qualify for the African Cup of Nations.