Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Gharib calls up six players abroad, Shikabala excluded
Egypt manager Shawky Gharib has decided to call up only six Egyptians playing abroad for the country’s African Cup of Nations qualifiers against Botswana.
Aly Ghazal, Shikabala, Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ and Ahmed Hegazy were the most noticeable absentees from the players playing abroad as they were included in the squad to face Senegal and Tunisia.
Shikabala came on in the final 20 minutes of Egypt’s loss against Tunisia, putting in a decent performance but was surprisingly not called up.
Saleh Gomaa will be the only player representing our Egyptians in Portugal as most noticeably Aly Ghazal – who was ever-present in the squad since Gharib took over – has been dropped following a series of disappointing performances for the national team, but is also said to be recovering from an injury as he missed out on Nacional’s last match.
Egypt are set to face Botswana twice on the 10th and 15th of October in what looks like a final bid for Gharib’s men to qualify for the African Cup of Nations.