Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Salah gets first start of the season as Chelsea progress in League Cup
Salah, 22, started the match well and looked lively. Setting up several chances for the likes of Remy, Schurrle and Oscar. Young Frenchman Kurt Zouma opened the scoring with a great finish on his official debut, after a minor scramble in the box.
Chelsea were dominant throughout the game and Salah narrowly missed the target with a superb curling effort from 20 yards.
But it was the away side who responded six minutes later when Liam Feeney’s set piece was headed in superbly by defender Matt Mills. Chelsea continued to dominate and were growing continuously frustrated by the Championship side.
Oscar’s driven shot from range then beat the Bolton keeper after 56 minutes to put Chelsea safely through to the next round.
Egypt’s Salah played a total of 78 minutes before being replaced by Eden Hazard.
Chelsea will now face Shrewsbury in the round of 16, with ties commencing 27 October. The Blues are also due to host Aston Villa next Saturday.