Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Salah gets first start of the season as Chelsea progress in League Cup
Salah, 22, started the match well and looked lively. Setting up several chances for the likes of Remy, Schurrle and Oscar. Young Frenchman Kurt Zouma opened the scoring with a great finish on his official debut, after a minor scramble in the box.
Chelsea were dominant throughout the game and Salah narrowly missed the target with a superb curling effort from 20 yards.
But it was the away side who responded six minutes later when Liam Feeney’s set piece was headed in superbly by defender Matt Mills. Chelsea continued to dominate and were growing continuously frustrated by the Championship side.
Oscar’s driven shot from range then beat the Bolton keeper after 56 minutes to put Chelsea safely through to the next round.
Egypt’s Salah played a total of 78 minutes before being replaced by Eden Hazard.
Chelsea will now face Shrewsbury in the round of 16, with ties commencing 27 October. The Blues are also due to host Aston Villa next Saturday.