Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Salah gets first start of the season as Chelsea progress in League Cup
Salah, 22, started the match well and looked lively. Setting up several chances for the likes of Remy, Schurrle and Oscar. Young Frenchman Kurt Zouma opened the scoring with a great finish on his official debut, after a minor scramble in the box.
Chelsea were dominant throughout the game and Salah narrowly missed the target with a superb curling effort from 20 yards.
But it was the away side who responded six minutes later when Liam Feeney’s set piece was headed in superbly by defender Matt Mills. Chelsea continued to dominate and were growing continuously frustrated by the Championship side.
Oscar’s driven shot from range then beat the Bolton keeper after 56 minutes to put Chelsea safely through to the next round.
Egypt’s Salah played a total of 78 minutes before being replaced by Eden Hazard.
Chelsea will now face Shrewsbury in the round of 16, with ties commencing 27 October. The Blues are also due to host Aston Villa next Saturday.