Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Saleh Gomaa called up for national team while Nacional trio left out
Egypt National Football team manager Shawky Gharib has decided to call up Nacional de Madeira’s Saleh Gomaa while taking the decision of leaving out Aly Ghazal for Egypt’s upcoming fixtures against Botswana.
Nacional de Madeira’s official website revealed that Egyptian midfielder Saleh Gomaa received a call-up for the national team, while the Egyptian trio Ghazal, Ezzat and Fathy are left out.
This is the first time Aly Ghazal has been dropped by Gharib following a series of poor displays for the national team.
Saleh will be joining the squad to prepare for the upcoming fixtures against Botswana on the 10th and the 15th of October where Egypt will be fighting for qualification to the 2015 African Cup Of Nations. The call-up comes on the back of a brilliant display from Gomaa against Braga over the weekend, where he scored his first goal of the season for Nacional.
Egypt stand in a tough situation at the bottom of their group after suffering back-to-back losses against Senegal and Tunisia.