Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Saleh Gomaa called up for national team while Nacional trio left out
Egypt National Football team manager Shawky Gharib has decided to call up Nacional de Madeira’s Saleh Gomaa while taking the decision of leaving out Aly Ghazal for Egypt’s upcoming fixtures against Botswana.
Nacional de Madeira’s official website revealed that Egyptian midfielder Saleh Gomaa received a call-up for the national team, while the Egyptian trio Ghazal, Ezzat and Fathy are left out.
This is the first time Aly Ghazal has been dropped by Gharib following a series of poor displays for the national team.
Saleh will be joining the squad to prepare for the upcoming fixtures against Botswana on the 10th and the 15th of October where Egypt will be fighting for qualification to the 2015 African Cup Of Nations. The call-up comes on the back of a brilliant display from Gomaa against Braga over the weekend, where he scored his first goal of the season for Nacional.
Egypt stand in a tough situation at the bottom of their group after suffering back-to-back losses against Senegal and Tunisia.