AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Saleh Gomaa called up for national team while Nacional trio left out
Egypt National Football team manager Shawky Gharib has decided to call up Nacional de Madeira’s Saleh Gomaa while taking the decision of leaving out Aly Ghazal for Egypt’s upcoming fixtures against Botswana.
Nacional de Madeira’s official website revealed that Egyptian midfielder Saleh Gomaa received a call-up for the national team, while the Egyptian trio Ghazal, Ezzat and Fathy are left out.
This is the first time Aly Ghazal has been dropped by Gharib following a series of poor displays for the national team.
Saleh will be joining the squad to prepare for the upcoming fixtures against Botswana on the 10th and the 15th of October where Egypt will be fighting for qualification to the 2015 African Cup Of Nations. The call-up comes on the back of a brilliant display from Gomaa against Braga over the weekend, where he scored his first goal of the season for Nacional.
Egypt stand in a tough situation at the bottom of their group after suffering back-to-back losses against Senegal and Tunisia.