Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Shikabala to be disciplined by Sporting Lisbon – Reports
Maisfutebol have reported that the Egyptian promised to return twice this week – on Tuesday and Wednesday – but failed to keep his promise on both occasions. This comes as the player failed to return from international duty on the initial deadline on the 13th September.
Furthermore, RTP report that he is “unwilling” to return to Sporting and that he will be disciplined by the club for breaching the rules and failing to report back on the deadline earlier this month, and indeed this week.
In August, he was the subject of several transfer rumours, with Zamalek quoted as the most likely destination, but this move failed to materialise, and the player then expressed his willingness to stay and fight for a place in the squad.
Also, in early September, Shikabala’s representative in Portugal was publicly criticised by Sporting for comments made to a Portuguese radio station regarding the player’s future.
The situation got worse for Shikabala this week, as he was not called up by Shawky Gharib for next month’s African Cup of Nations qualifier against Botswana.