The Bureau of the FIFA Council managed to agree on a proposed...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Shikabala to be disciplined by Sporting Lisbon – Reports
Maisfutebol have reported that the Egyptian promised to return twice this week – on Tuesday and Wednesday – but failed to keep his promise on both occasions. This comes as the player failed to return from international duty on the initial deadline on the 13th September.
Furthermore, RTP report that he is “unwilling” to return to Sporting and that he will be disciplined by the club for breaching the rules and failing to report back on the deadline earlier this month, and indeed this week.
In August, he was the subject of several transfer rumours, with Zamalek quoted as the most likely destination, but this move failed to materialise, and the player then expressed his willingness to stay and fight for a place in the squad.
Also, in early September, Shikabala’s representative in Portugal was publicly criticised by Sporting for comments made to a Portuguese radio station regarding the player’s future.
The situation got worse for Shikabala this week, as he was not called up by Shawky Gharib for next month’s African Cup of Nations qualifier against Botswana.