Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Shikabala to be disciplined by Sporting Lisbon – Reports
Maisfutebol have reported that the Egyptian promised to return twice this week – on Tuesday and Wednesday – but failed to keep his promise on both occasions. This comes as the player failed to return from international duty on the initial deadline on the 13th September.
Furthermore, RTP report that he is “unwilling” to return to Sporting and that he will be disciplined by the club for breaching the rules and failing to report back on the deadline earlier this month, and indeed this week.
In August, he was the subject of several transfer rumours, with Zamalek quoted as the most likely destination, but this move failed to materialise, and the player then expressed his willingness to stay and fight for a place in the squad.
Also, in early September, Shikabala’s representative in Portugal was publicly criticised by Sporting for comments made to a Portuguese radio station regarding the player’s future.
The situation got worse for Shikabala this week, as he was not called up by Shawky Gharib for next month’s African Cup of Nations qualifier against Botswana.