After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
Match Report: Smouha grind out victory over Al-Nasr
Hany El-Egeizy and Alaa Ali’s goals gave Smouha a 2-1 win over Al-Nasr to claim all 3 points of the game.
The Egyptian Premier League runners-up were able to win their 3rd gameweek fixture against the newly-promoted side Al-Nasr, where the match took place at the Alexandria Stadium.
Smouha’s starting XI: Mohamed Sobhy; Ayman Ashraf, Ahmed Said ‘Okka’, Ahmed Fawzy, Othman Keita; Alaa Ali, Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek, Ahmed ‘Homos’, Islam Abdel-Naeim; Salah Amin, Hany El-Egeizy.
Al-Nasr’s starting XI: Essam Tharwat; Mohamed Belal, Abdallah Gomaa, Hamouda Samir, Mostafa Saber; Ahmed Felix, Mohamed Refai, Karim El-Koumy, Mohamed El-Azab; Ahmed El-Se’eidi, Abd El-Aziz El-Shaer.
Smouha started the game with pressure on the opponents in their half hoping to find an early goal, which happened when Hany El-Egeizy opened the scoring for the hosts in the 16th minute. Alaa Ali’s perfect cross to Salah Amin was headed to Hany El-Egeizy inside the box, whose powerful left-footed volley ended up on the right side of the goalkeepeer.
The hosts then eased off and were showing a very poor performance.
Just when everyone thought the first-half would end with the hosts’ advantage, Al-Nasr’s Karim El-Koumy tied the score from a free-kick on the edge of the box in the 43rd minute.
Smouha started the second half with the same pressure as the first, paying off when Alaa Ali added his name on the score-sheet in the 53rd minute. The same trio involved in the first goal were there again to give Smouha another lead this time. Salah Amin’s cross was met by El-Egeizy’s head, setting it up for Alaa Ali, whose shot ended up on the left side of the goalkeeper this time.
Again, Smouha stopped applying the pressure they started with, yet this time Al-Nasr couldn’t take advantage of it.
Smouha are currently in second place with 7 points on their hands, while Al-Nasr are still at the bottom of the table looking to grab their first point in the Egyptian Premier League.
Smouha are set to travel on September 30th to face Tala’a El-Gaish on gameweek 4, while Al-Nasr are to host Haras El-Hodood on October 2nd.