Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Zamalek and El-Shorta end in stalemate
Basem Morsi and Tarek Hamed both make their league debuts for the White Castle in a goalless draw against Ittihad El-Shorta.
It was only a few seconds after the Egyptian Premier League kick-off that we witnessed the first chance of the game when Nigerian Moruf Yusuf’s early cross found Khaled Kamar, who headed it just over the bar.
Zamalek continued to apply pressure and in the 18th minute Hazem Emam managed to find space on the right side and delivered a perfect low cross for Abdoulaye Cisse, who took the shot from close range, but goalkeeper Essam Saad managed to make the save.
The game went on with both teams pushing for the opening goal and in the 33rd minute El-Shorta midfield Mohamed Bassiouny managed to make an impressive run down the left side of the pitch to find himself face to face with Ahmed El-Shennawy, only for the Zamalek goalkeeper to save Bassiouny’s powerful shot from close range.
Five minutes after the start of the second-half new acquisition Tarek Hamed made his league debut for the Whites replacing Moruf Yusuf.
Three minutes before the hour mark Hossam Hassan gave another player his league debut when he subbed on Basem Morsi for Cisse.
Morsi made his presence felt in the 73rd minute when he accepted Khaled Kamar’s through pass to find himself alone in front of Essam Saad, only to see his shot hit the left post.
The referee whistled the end of the game with both teams having to settle for the goalless draw. Zamalek now sit 8th in the league table with 4 points in two games and will be looking to collect all three points in their next match against top-of-the-table Dakhleya.