AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Hull City 2-4 Manchester City – Elmo starts his 100th EPL match
Ahmed Elmohamady started his 100th English Premier League match against Manchester City as The Tigers lose to the holding champions 2-4.
Manchester City were quick out of the blocks with Sergio Aguero forcing a save out of Allan McGregor at his near post after just 51 seconds. Minutes later, a poor clearance by Hull’s Liam Rosenior found its way to Aguero who struck the ball on the half volley past McGregor to score the first goal of the game.
Four minutes later, David Silva found Dzeko who took aim from 25 yards before scoring a sublime top corner curler.
The Tigers revival started shortly after the second goal when Mangala’s interception to Rosenior’s cross found its way into Willy Caballero’s net to half the deficit for Hull City.
Minutes later, Abel Hernandez won a penalty for the home side, and cooly slotted home the penalty to equalise for the Tigers, as the first half finished 2-2.
68 minutes into the game, David Silva combined with Edin Dzeko again for the latter to score his 2nd of the game and the Blues’ third of the evening.
Hull City pushed forward searching for an equaliser, but the Tigers were eventually caught on the counter as Pablo Zabaleta found himself in acres of space before squaring to Frank Lampard who scored Manchester City’s 4th goal of the night.
It’s well worth mentioning that Ahmed Elmohamady, who became the first Egyptian in history to play 100 English Premier League matches, was impressive down the right hand side causing Clichy problems throughout the game with his pace. The Egyptian wing-back managed to link up well with Rosenior on the right hand side.