The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Hull City 2-4 Manchester City – Elmo starts his 100th EPL match
Ahmed Elmohamady started his 100th English Premier League match against Manchester City as The Tigers lose to the holding champions 2-4.
Manchester City were quick out of the blocks with Sergio Aguero forcing a save out of Allan McGregor at his near post after just 51 seconds. Minutes later, a poor clearance by Hull’s Liam Rosenior found its way to Aguero who struck the ball on the half volley past McGregor to score the first goal of the game.
Four minutes later, David Silva found Dzeko who took aim from 25 yards before scoring a sublime top corner curler.
The Tigers revival started shortly after the second goal when Mangala’s interception to Rosenior’s cross found its way into Willy Caballero’s net to half the deficit for Hull City.
Minutes later, Abel Hernandez won a penalty for the home side, and cooly slotted home the penalty to equalise for the Tigers, as the first half finished 2-2.
68 minutes into the game, David Silva combined with Edin Dzeko again for the latter to score his 2nd of the game and the Blues’ third of the evening.
Hull City pushed forward searching for an equaliser, but the Tigers were eventually caught on the counter as Pablo Zabaleta found himself in acres of space before squaring to Frank Lampard who scored Manchester City’s 4th goal of the night.
It’s well worth mentioning that Ahmed Elmohamady, who became the first Egyptian in history to play 100 English Premier League matches, was impressive down the right hand side causing Clichy problems throughout the game with his pace. The Egyptian wing-back managed to link up well with Rosenior on the right hand side.