Egypt internationals Ali Zein and Mohamed Mamdouh’s French club Pays d’Aix Université have qualified...
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
Al Ahly progress to CAF Confederation Cup final with win over Coton Sport
Coton Sport took the lead early on through Kombous Jospeh before goals from Moussa Yedan and Amr Gamal settled the tie for the Reds.
Al Ahly XI (4-3-2-1): Sherif Ekramy, Bassem Ali, Saad Samir, Mohamed Naguib, Sabry Rahil, Ahmed Khairy, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Hossam Ghaly, Walid Soliman, Moussa Yedan, Amr Gamal.
Coton Sport XI (4-4-2): Feudjou, Bana Moussa, Djeugoue, Zimori, Manga Mbah, Soulyemanou Moussa, Moumi Brice, Kingue Mpondo, Kombous Joseph, Kamilou Daouda.
Early on in the game Ekramy was pulled into action, and acrobatically saved a Daouda’s volley.
However, minutes later the Cameroonian side went 1-0 up through Kombous Joseph after a joint-error from Saad Samir and Sherif Ekramy.
Walid Soliman could’ve made it 1-1 minutes later but his shot from distance went wide of the post.
The Red Devils thought they had equalised when Amr Gamal latched onto Walid Soliman’s cross to guide his header into the net, but the goal was ruled out for a foul.
Amr Gamal was once again at the centre of trouble, this time his dipping header went over the crossbar.
The Red Castle finally got their equaliser towards the end of the half with a great display of individual skill from Moussa Yedan, who rounded Feudjou to slot it into the net.
The opening minutes of the second half saw increased determination from the Al Ahly players.
Walid Soliman was unlucky not to score early on in the second half when his free-kick slammed against the post.
Al Ahly managed to grab their second with less than 20 minutes remaining in the second half through Amr Gamal who scored from the rebound after Soliman’s free-kick hit the post.
The Red Devils had begun to enforce their style in the game and should’ve made it 3-1 when Amr Gamal dummied the Coton defence before crossing for Yedan, but the former Coton Sport man sent his volley over the bar.
It is also worth mentioning that Al Ahly are set to face Sewe Sport in the final.