Al Ahly continued their winning streak after beating Tanta 1-0 on Monday,...
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
VIDEO: Ezzat and Gomaa start as Nacional lose to Setubal
The first-half started with both team playing shaky football with the ball being sent from one side of the pitch to the other aimlessly.
However, the hosts rapidly raised their play to the next level and started pressing Nacional.
It wasn’t long before Setubal capitalized on one of their chances when Lupeta took advantage of a skirmish in the Nacional box to slot home the opening goal for the home side in the 20th minute of the game.
Four minutes later the stuttering Nacional defense watched helplessly as the Setubal players passed the ball to each others near the goal-box before Pedro finished the play with an easy finish making it 2-0 for Setubal.
In the 29th minutes Machado subbed off Zainedine Junior in favor Willyan.
The second half picked up where the first one had ended with Nacional lacking coordination and understanding between the players.
Ali Fathy, who was until then watching from the bench, was introduced into the game at the 46th minutes at the expense of Marco Matias.
In the 55th minute Saleh Gomaa picked up a yellow card on a questionable challenge on one of the Setubal players. This was the Egyptian second yellow card of the present campaign.
The game ended 2-0 in favor of Setubal with Nacional missing out on three vital points as they are now in the relegation zone sitting 16th in the league table with four points collected in six played games.
The Egyptian duo Ezzat and Fathy presented decent performances considering the overall play of their team while Saleh Gomaa once again displayed a very good performance being arguably the best player on the pitch for Nacional today, fighting for each ball and creating dangerous situations for the opposition defense.
Nacional will now be heading home to host Ahmed Hassan ”Koka” Rio Ave FC on Sunday the 5th of October.