Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Official: Zamalek loan Abdel-Shafy to Al-Ahli Jeddah
Zamalek’s board have given their consent to Abdel-Shafy to complete his move to Ahli Jeddah for a reported fee of 1,200,000 USD (over 8.5 million EGP).
The move comes after it was reported in the past few days that Hossam & Ibrahim Hassan were against Mortada Mansour’s acceptance to ship Abdel-Shafy on loan.
The Egyptian international has been the main occupier of the left-back position at Zamalek since 2010. Despite being a key player in the White Knights’ squad, the deal was too good to turn down.
The 29-year-old is currently considered as one of the best left-backs in Egypt, with 34 caps for the Egyptian national team and 9 goals in 133 appearances for Zamalek.
According to a foreign player rule in the Saudi Professional League, similar to that in the Egyptian Premier League, Al-Ahli Jeddah must offload a foreigner from their team to be able to land Abdel-Shafy. Colombian utility player Jairo Palomino, who occasionally fills in at left-back for the Saudi side, is the most likely candidate to depart.
Zamalek are now left with Ahmed Samir and Saleh Moussa who both can occupy the left-back position after Abdel-Shafy’s departure.