An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Badry announces Egyptian Olympic team squad for Ghana friendly
28 players were called up by Olympic team coach, Hossam El Badry, to take part in the Ghana friendly on the 14th of October.
The Egyptian Olympic team is preparing for the 2015 All-Africa Games qualifiers in which they will face Kenya in a two-legged series. One game will be taking place in February while the other will be played in March.
Hossam El-Badry is looking to prepare the squad for the qualifiers and has played two friendlies against Tunisia’s U-23 squad, and will face Ghana’s U-23s on the 14th of October.
The 28 man squad was released as follows:
Mossad Awad, Amr “Warda”, Mahmoud Hassan”Trezeguet”, Ramadan Sobhy, Karim Bambo, Mohamed Hassan, Hassan Shahin, Mahmoud Hamdy, Abdel-Kafy (all from Al Ahly), Mohamed Salem (Arab Contractors), Osama Ibrahim, Mahmoud Sabry (ENPPI), Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim “Kahraba” (Grasshoppers), Mostafa Gomaa (Haras El-Hodoud), Mahmoud Metwaly, Mahmoud Hamad, Shokry Naguib, Abdel-Rahman Hassan (Ismaily), Khaled El-Ghandour (Ittihad El-Shorta), Ahmed Abdel-Aziz (Misr El-Maqassa), Ahmed Hassan “Koka” (Rio Ave FC), Ibrahim Hassan, Hossam Ghaly (Smouha), Mahmoud Atia (Tala’a El-Gaish), Yasser Ibrahim, “Bazooka”, Mostafa Fathi, Ahmed Samir (Zamalek)
The former Al Ahly coach will be in control of the U-23 squad until the 2016 Rio Olympics if he qualifies them to the tournament.