Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
Badry announces Egyptian Olympic team squad for Ghana friendly
28 players were called up by Olympic team coach, Hossam El Badry, to take part in the Ghana friendly on the 14th of October.
The Egyptian Olympic team is preparing for the 2015 All-Africa Games qualifiers in which they will face Kenya in a two-legged series. One game will be taking place in February while the other will be played in March.
Hossam El-Badry is looking to prepare the squad for the qualifiers and has played two friendlies against Tunisia’s U-23 squad, and will face Ghana’s U-23s on the 14th of October.
The 28 man squad was released as follows:
Mossad Awad, Amr “Warda”, Mahmoud Hassan”Trezeguet”, Ramadan Sobhy, Karim Bambo, Mohamed Hassan, Hassan Shahin, Mahmoud Hamdy, Abdel-Kafy (all from Al Ahly), Mohamed Salem (Arab Contractors), Osama Ibrahim, Mahmoud Sabry (ENPPI), Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim “Kahraba” (Grasshoppers), Mostafa Gomaa (Haras El-Hodoud), Mahmoud Metwaly, Mahmoud Hamad, Shokry Naguib, Abdel-Rahman Hassan (Ismaily), Khaled El-Ghandour (Ittihad El-Shorta), Ahmed Abdel-Aziz (Misr El-Maqassa), Ahmed Hassan “Koka” (Rio Ave FC), Ibrahim Hassan, Hossam Ghaly (Smouha), Mahmoud Atia (Tala’a El-Gaish), Yasser Ibrahim, “Bazooka”, Mostafa Fathi, Ahmed Samir (Zamalek)
The former Al Ahly coach will be in control of the U-23 squad until the 2016 Rio Olympics if he qualifies them to the tournament.