Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Garrido announces Al Ahly squad list for first league match
Al Ahly manager Juan Carlos Garrido has decided on a list of 20 players to travel to Alexandria for the upcoming match against Al-Ragaa, the Red Devils’ league opener this season.
Youngsters Ramadan Sobhy and Karim ‘Bambo’, who have both been called up for the Egyptian Olympic team’s friendly against Ghana, were dropped from Garrido’s squad.
Defender Sherif Abdel-Fadil is also not included in the squad, as the 31-year-old will miss out due to a calf injury.
The Reds have yet to participate in the first 3 rounds of the Egyptian Premier League as they were to face Cameroonian side Coton Sport in the CAF Confederation Cup semi-final, were Al Ahly were successful in booking a place in the final.
Al Ahly squad:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy – Ahmed Adel Abdel-Moneim – Mossad Awad
Defenders: Sabry Rahil – Hussein El-Sayed – Saad Samir – Mohamed Naguib – Sherif Hazem – Bassem Ali
Midfielders: Islam Roshdy – Mohamed Farouk – Mohamed Rizk – Hossam Ghaly – Hossam Ashour – Mahmoud ‘Trezeguet’ – Walid Soliman – Moussa Yedan
Forwards: Emad Meteb – Amr Gamal – Ahmed Abdel-Zaher
Bassem Ali should be dropped from the squad due to EFA suspending him from playing activities for a month, as well as fining him 77,000 EGP for his actions with Zamalek club.
The player was said to be legally half-way through negotiations and signing for the Whites, only to pull the plug on the deal and sign for Al Ahly instead, much to the upset of Zamalek’s board and especially Mortada Mansour, who reported the player.