AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
VIDEO: Ismaily snatch 3 points from Petrojet with late comeback
Ghanaian striker John Antwi scored his fourth goal in as many games this season to seal a late 2-1 comeback for Ismaily against Petrojet in the Egyptian Premier League.
After trailing for 76 minutes, the Dervishes managed to come from behind to turn the table and claim all three points in the last 14 minutes.
Ismaily XI: Essam El-Hadary – Ahmed El-Esh – Shawky El-Said – Ahmed Samir Farag – Abdelrahman Hassan – Amr El-Sulaya – Mohamed Zika – Mohamed Magdi – Mahmoud Abdel-Azziz – John Antwi – Kelechi Osunwa
Petrojet XI: Mohamed El-Shenawy – Osama Mohamed – Peter Oduro – Amr Hassan – Mohamed Dabsh – Ahmed Magdi – Shemeliks Beckly – Mohamed Abd El Salam – Mohamed Fathy – Mostafa Shebita – Mohamed Shaarawy
Petrojet’s Mohamed Shaarawy bagged the first goal of the game from the spot after Shawky El-Said made a reckless tackle inside the box. Shaarawy successfully scored the penalty claiming his second goal of the season.
In the second half Ismaily were on top of their game, putting pressure on the visitors trying to equalize. El-Said made amends for his previous error and scored the equalizing goal in the 76th minute. The Egyptian international latched onto Amr El-Sulaya’s cross to score Ismaily’s first of the game.
Nine minutes later, Ghanaian striker John Antwi scored the winning goal, his fourth in as many games. After a bit of a tussle inside the box, Antwi managed to shoot the ball from a difficult position and get it past Mohamed El-Shenawy. The former Hearts of Oak striker now has scored 15 goals in 20 league appearances since the 2013/2014 season.
This late drama guaranteed Ismaily their second win of the season to top the table with 8 points, but Dervishes are still set to face a six-point deduction from FIFA.