Group A matches have finally come to the closure with surprising turn...
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
VIDEO: Ismaily snatch 3 points from Petrojet with late comeback
Ghanaian striker John Antwi scored his fourth goal in as many games this season to seal a late 2-1 comeback for Ismaily against Petrojet in the Egyptian Premier League.
After trailing for 76 minutes, the Dervishes managed to come from behind to turn the table and claim all three points in the last 14 minutes.
Ismaily XI: Essam El-Hadary – Ahmed El-Esh – Shawky El-Said – Ahmed Samir Farag – Abdelrahman Hassan – Amr El-Sulaya – Mohamed Zika – Mohamed Magdi – Mahmoud Abdel-Azziz – John Antwi – Kelechi Osunwa
Petrojet XI: Mohamed El-Shenawy – Osama Mohamed – Peter Oduro – Amr Hassan – Mohamed Dabsh – Ahmed Magdi – Shemeliks Beckly – Mohamed Abd El Salam – Mohamed Fathy – Mostafa Shebita – Mohamed Shaarawy
Petrojet’s Mohamed Shaarawy bagged the first goal of the game from the spot after Shawky El-Said made a reckless tackle inside the box. Shaarawy successfully scored the penalty claiming his second goal of the season.
In the second half Ismaily were on top of their game, putting pressure on the visitors trying to equalize. El-Said made amends for his previous error and scored the equalizing goal in the 76th minute. The Egyptian international latched onto Amr El-Sulaya’s cross to score Ismaily’s first of the game.
Nine minutes later, Ghanaian striker John Antwi scored the winning goal, his fourth in as many games. After a bit of a tussle inside the box, Antwi managed to shoot the ball from a difficult position and get it past Mohamed El-Shenawy. The former Hearts of Oak striker now has scored 15 goals in 20 league appearances since the 2013/2014 season.
This late drama guaranteed Ismaily their second win of the season to top the table with 8 points, but Dervishes are still set to face a six-point deduction from FIFA.