Al Ahly continued their winning streak after beating Tanta 1-0 on Monday,...
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
VIDEO: Tala’a El-Gaish complete dramatic comeback against Smouha
Tala’a El-Gaish came back from behind to hand Smouha their maiden defeat of the season by beating them 3-2 on Tuesday night.
Tala’a El-Gaish XI: Mohamed Bassam; Osama Ragab, Ahmed Shedid, Mahmoud Fathallah, Mo’az El-Hennawi; Shehab Ahmed, Mohamed Hanafi, Said Kamal, Islam Kamal; Arafa El-Sayed, Kwame Adjeman-Pamboe ‘Dodji’.
Smouha XI: Mohamed Sobhy; Ahmed Said ‘Okka’, Fady Nagah, Ahmed Fawzy, Ibrahim Hassan; Ahmed Shoukry, Alaa Ali, Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek, Ahmed ‘Homos’; Salah Amin, Hany El-Egeizy.
Tala’a El-Gaish opened the scoring through Islam Kamal in the 25th minute with a curved shot from the edge of the box which found the back of the net.
Hamada Sedky’s men soon replied towards the end of the half when the in-form Alaa Ali unleashed a powerful left-footed strike to make it 1-1.
In the first minute of injury time, Anwar Salama saw his side get denied the lead when Mohamed Sobhy saved Islam Kamal’s penalty.
The Blue Wave soon found their second goal when Hisham Fathallah assisted Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek for the second goal.
Twenty minutes from time, El-Gaish were awarded another penalty; however, Mohamed Sobhy repeated his his first-half heroics to deny Mahmoud Fathallah.
Second-half substitute Moataz Eno saw his 40-yard free-kick hit the right post in the 88th minute before bouncing back to former Belqas striker Ahmed Said Okka whose left-footed shot made it 2-2.
Eno soon won the game for his side in the 94th minute with a stinging strike from distance, thus giving Tala’a El-Gaish their first ever win over Smouha and subsequently all three points.
With this win, Tala’a El-Gaish equal Smouha’s point count with 7 points for each, with only goal difference separating both sides.
Anwar Salama’s men are set to travel to Alexandria on October 19th to face Haras El-Hodood in their upcoming game, while Smouha are to host Dakhleya the following day.