Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Jorvan Vieira refuses Zamalek negotiations
After Zamalek sacked coach Hossam Hassan on Thursday, the Whites have been seeking a foreign manager to replace him at the helm.
One of those linked to the post was Brazilian coach Jorvan Vieira, who had a brief stint with Zamalek during the 2012/2013 season.
In a TV interview, Vieira said: “Someone contacted me saying Mortada Mansour wants me to return to Zamalek, I refused because I have a contract and negotiating with another team is dishonourable.”
“It’s illogical to negotiate with Zamalek or any club after I recently renewed my contract with the Kuwaiti national team, I am now working on preparing the team for the upcoming international friendlies,” he added.
Vieira’s Kuwait are set to play to matches on the 10th and 13th of October against Jordan in then team’s preparation plan for the Gulf Cup Of Nations and the Asian Cup in 2015.
In response to a question whether he would like to send a message to Mortada, Vieira said: “All I can say is Eid Mubarak and goodbye.”
Jorvan Vieira had had a successful trial with the Cairo-based club for a year, he had a positive effect on the team’s morale and attitude, but couldn’t guide the team to win any silverware.