Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Grasshoppers fall at Thun
Grasshoppers lost their 6th league game of the season away to FC Thun, following a first-half blitz by the hosts – scoring 3 goals in the opening 38 minutes.
20-year-old Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’, who was playing on the right side of midfield in a 4-2-3-1 formation, provided a late spark with a goal in the 81st minute, but it wasn’t enough to see Grasshoppers complete a remarkable comeback.
GCZ did however manage pull another goal back, with Swiss international defender Michael Lang scoring in the 90th minute.
Kahraba’s goal was his second of the season since joining on loan from ENPPI, having previously hit the target in their first win of the campaign against FC Aarau.
It is worth mentioning Kahraba was overlooked by Egypt coach Shawky Gharib for his squad to face Botswana in 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying,
Meanwhile, in the evening fixture on Saturday, Egyptian-less FC Basel were defeated 2-1 at the hands of St. Gallen.
Grasshoppers remain 7th in the Swiss table with only 11 points from 11 games, while FC Basel are currently top of the table, having played one extra game than FC Zürich, who are only two points behind.