Ghana who have been without a coach since Avram Grant’s depature could...
- Italian coach Fabrizio Ravanelli linked with Black Stars job
- SQUASH: An All Egyptian Women Final in Windy City Open Squash
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Grasshoppers fall at Thun
Grasshoppers lost their 6th league game of the season away to FC Thun, following a first-half blitz by the hosts – scoring 3 goals in the opening 38 minutes.
20-year-old Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’, who was playing on the right side of midfield in a 4-2-3-1 formation, provided a late spark with a goal in the 81st minute, but it wasn’t enough to see Grasshoppers complete a remarkable comeback.
GCZ did however manage pull another goal back, with Swiss international defender Michael Lang scoring in the 90th minute.
Kahraba’s goal was his second of the season since joining on loan from ENPPI, having previously hit the target in their first win of the campaign against FC Aarau.
Meanwhile, in the evening fixture on Saturday, Egyptian-less FC Basel were defeated 2-1 at the hands of St. Gallen.
Grasshoppers remain 7th in the Swiss table with only 11 points from 11 games, while FC Basel are currently top of the table, having played one extra game than FC Zürich, who are only two points behind.