Zamalek have recorded back-to-back Premier League wins after defeating Al Masry 1-0 in...
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Grasshoppers fall at Thun
Grasshoppers lost their 6th league game of the season away to FC Thun, following a first-half blitz by the hosts – scoring 3 goals in the opening 38 minutes.
20-year-old Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’, who was playing on the right side of midfield in a 4-2-3-1 formation, provided a late spark with a goal in the 81st minute, but it wasn’t enough to see Grasshoppers complete a remarkable comeback.
GCZ did however manage pull another goal back, with Swiss international defender Michael Lang scoring in the 90th minute.
Kahraba’s goal was his second of the season since joining on loan from ENPPI, having previously hit the target in their first win of the campaign against FC Aarau.
It is worth mentioning Kahraba was overlooked by Egypt coach Shawky Gharib for his squad to face Botswana in 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying,
Meanwhile, in the evening fixture on Saturday, Egyptian-less FC Basel were defeated 2-1 at the hands of St. Gallen.
Grasshoppers remain 7th in the Swiss table with only 11 points from 11 games, while FC Basel are currently top of the table, having played one extra game than FC Zürich, who are only two points behind.