Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
VIDEO: Zizo scores first goal as Lierse down Zulte Waregem in bottom-of-the-table clash
Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ scored a penalty-kick for Lierse SK as they beat Zulte Waregem 3-1 in a bottom-of-the-table clash in the Belgian Pro League.
The counter-attack filled match started off with a goal for Zulte Waregem in the 25th minute, scored by 23-year-old Guinean international Idrissa Sylla, as he kicked the ball straight passed the line, following a defensive error from Lierse.
Lierse were quick to retaliate, as 31-year-old Guinean attacker, Alhassane Keita, scored a spectacular equalizer as he dribbled the ball passed three defenders, shooting a superb curler past the goalkeeper’s gloves. Lierse coach, Slaviša Stojanović, substituted Wanderson off for 18-year-old Egyptian midfielder Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ in the 63rd minute.
Things did not get any better for Waregem, as 31-year-old Cameroonian defender Eric Benoit Matoukou scored a goal in the 78th minute, aimed straight at the net as the ball traveled passed the defender’s legs.
Waregem’s defender, Bryan Verboom, was penalized with a red card as he pushed Ayub Timbe Masika inside the 18-yard-box, awarding Lierse a penalty-kick. The young Pharaoh took the spot-kick, aimed at the bottom-right of the net, a lethal area the goalkeeper couldn’t reach.
Lierse had a total dominating possession of 55% and a total of 11 shots on goal, compared to Waregam’s 4. However, they are currently ranked 15th in the Belgian Pro League table with 9 points, followed by Waregem with 6 points. Their next fixture will be against Cercle Brugge on the 18th of October.