Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
VIDEO: Zizo scores first goal as Lierse down Zulte Waregem in bottom-of-the-table clash
Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ scored a penalty-kick for Lierse SK as they beat Zulte Waregem 3-1 in a bottom-of-the-table clash in the Belgian Pro League.
The counter-attack filled match started off with a goal for Zulte Waregem in the 25th minute, scored by 23-year-old Guinean international Idrissa Sylla, as he kicked the ball straight passed the line, following a defensive error from Lierse.
Lierse were quick to retaliate, as 31-year-old Guinean attacker, Alhassane Keita, scored a spectacular equalizer as he dribbled the ball passed three defenders, shooting a superb curler past the goalkeeper’s gloves. Lierse coach, Slaviša Stojanović, substituted Wanderson off for 18-year-old Egyptian midfielder Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ in the 63rd minute.
Things did not get any better for Waregem, as 31-year-old Cameroonian defender Eric Benoit Matoukou scored a goal in the 78th minute, aimed straight at the net as the ball traveled passed the defender’s legs.
Waregem’s defender, Bryan Verboom, was penalized with a red card as he pushed Ayub Timbe Masika inside the 18-yard-box, awarding Lierse a penalty-kick. The young Pharaoh took the spot-kick, aimed at the bottom-right of the net, a lethal area the goalkeeper couldn’t reach.
Lierse had a total dominating possession of 55% and a total of 11 shots on goal, compared to Waregam’s 4. However, they are currently ranked 15th in the Belgian Pro League table with 9 points, followed by Waregem with 6 points. Their next fixture will be against Cercle Brugge on the 18th of October.