An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Four players out of Egypt squad due to injury
Ahmed Elmohamady, Hany El-Egeizy, Hazem Emam and Sherif Ekramy have all been withdrawn from Egypt’s squad to face Botswana due to injury.
The quartet were initially a part of Shawy Gharib’s 25-man squad selected for the AFCON 2015 qualification match against Botswana on the 10th of October (away from home).
Gharib has ruled out Elmohamady, Ekramy (foot), Emam (thigh) and El-Egeizy out of of the away encounter, and as a result all four players will not be boarding the plane to Gaborone as part of the playing squad.
It remains to be seen who Gharib will call up instead.
Ekramy will undergo further tests on Wednesday to determine the extent of his injury, while Emam will start recovery work for the second Botswana game, which is to be played on home soil on the 15th.
The team is set to fly out to Botswana in just over an hour to continue preparations for the third game of their AFCON 2015 qualification campaign.