Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
Four players out of Egypt squad due to injury
The quartet were initially a part of Shawy Gharib’s 25-man squad selected for the AFCON 2015 qualification match against Botswana on the 10th of October (away from home).
Gharib has ruled out Elmohamady, Ekramy (foot), Emam (thigh) and El-Egeizy out of of the away encounter, and as a result all four players will not be boarding the plane to Gaborone as part of the playing squad.
It remains to be seen who Gharib will call up instead.
Ekramy will undergo further tests on Wednesday to determine the extent of his injury, while Emam will start recovery work for the second Botswana game, which is to be played on home soil on the 15th.
The team is set to fly out to Botswana in just over an hour to continue preparations for the third game of their AFCON 2015 qualification campaign.