Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Four players out of Egypt squad due to injury
Ahmed Elmohamady, Hany El-Egeizy, Hazem Emam and Sherif Ekramy have all been withdrawn from Egypt’s squad to face Botswana due to injury.
The quartet were initially a part of Shawy Gharib’s 25-man squad selected for the AFCON 2015 qualification match against Botswana on the 10th of October (away from home).
Gharib has ruled out Elmohamady, Ekramy (foot), Emam (thigh) and El-Egeizy out of of the away encounter, and as a result all four players will not be boarding the plane to Gaborone as part of the playing squad.
It remains to be seen who Gharib will call up instead.
Ekramy will undergo further tests on Wednesday to determine the extent of his injury, while Emam will start recovery work for the second Botswana game, which is to be played on home soil on the 15th.
The team is set to fly out to Botswana in just over an hour to continue preparations for the third game of their AFCON 2015 qualification campaign.