Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
Four players out of Egypt squad due to injury
The quartet were initially a part of Shawy Gharib’s 25-man squad selected for the AFCON 2015 qualification match against Botswana on the 10th of October (away from home).
Gharib has ruled out Elmohamady, Ekramy (foot), Emam (thigh) and El-Egeizy out of of the away encounter, and as a result all four players will not be boarding the plane to Gaborone as part of the playing squad.
It remains to be seen who Gharib will call up instead.
Ekramy will undergo further tests on Wednesday to determine the extent of his injury, while Emam will start recovery work for the second Botswana game, which is to be played on home soil on the 15th.
The team is set to fly out to Botswana in just over an hour to continue preparations for the third game of their AFCON 2015 qualification campaign.