Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Four players out of Egypt squad due to injury
Ahmed Elmohamady, Hany El-Egeizy, Hazem Emam and Sherif Ekramy have all been withdrawn from Egypt’s squad to face Botswana due to injury.
The quartet were initially a part of Shawy Gharib’s 25-man squad selected for the AFCON 2015 qualification match against Botswana on the 10th of October (away from home).
Gharib has ruled out Elmohamady, Ekramy (foot), Emam (thigh) and El-Egeizy out of of the away encounter, and as a result all four players will not be boarding the plane to Gaborone as part of the playing squad.
It remains to be seen who Gharib will call up instead.
Ekramy will undergo further tests on Wednesday to determine the extent of his injury, while Emam will start recovery work for the second Botswana game, which is to be played on home soil on the 15th.
The team is set to fly out to Botswana in just over an hour to continue preparations for the third game of their AFCON 2015 qualification campaign.