Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Ghazal returns in Nacional’s draw against Rio Ave
Nacional de Madeira’s Egyptian defender Aly Ghazal played his first 90 minutes since returning from injury last night in his team’s draw against Rio Ave.
The Egyptian defender hasn’t featured for his side since scoring in CD Nacional’s 3-2 Europa League defeat to Dinamo Minsk, as he was facing a minor injury since returning from international duty with the Pharaohs.
Ghazal played 90 minutes in Nacional’s 0-0 draw with Ahmed Hassan Koka’s Rio Ave last night – as did compatriot Saleh Gomaa – while Mahmoud Ezzat (injured) and Ali Fathy were left out.
The defensive midfielder tweeted on Monday: “Thank God for my first match after the injury. 90 minutes thankfully and a good performance.”
The 22-year-old was left out of Gharib’s national squad to face Botswana on the 10th of October, along with his team-mates Ezzat and Fathy.
This was the first time Aly Ghazal has been dropped by Gharib following a series of poor displays for the national team, where he has been used as a centre-back.
Ghazal will be hoping to get more playing time on the 19th of October when Nacional play Alcanenense.
Nacional currently lie in 16th place in the Primeira Liga, just above the relegation zone.