Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Ghazal returns in Nacional’s draw against Rio Ave
Nacional de Madeira’s Egyptian defender Aly Ghazal played his first 90 minutes since returning from injury last night in his team’s draw against Rio Ave.
The Egyptian defender hasn’t featured for his side since scoring in CD Nacional’s 3-2 Europa League defeat to Dinamo Minsk, as he was facing a minor injury since returning from international duty with the Pharaohs.
Ghazal played 90 minutes in Nacional’s 0-0 draw with Ahmed Hassan Koka’s Rio Ave last night – as did compatriot Saleh Gomaa – while Mahmoud Ezzat (injured) and Ali Fathy were left out.
The defensive midfielder tweeted on Monday: “Thank God for my first match after the injury. 90 minutes thankfully and a good performance.”
The 22-year-old was left out of Gharib’s national squad to face Botswana on the 10th of October, along with his team-mates Ezzat and Fathy.
This was the first time Aly Ghazal has been dropped by Gharib following a series of poor displays for the national team, where he has been used as a centre-back.
Ghazal will be hoping to get more playing time on the 19th of October when Nacional play Alcanenense.
Nacional currently lie in 16th place in the Primeira Liga, just above the relegation zone.