Egypt beach soccer team manager Ahmed Abdel-Razek announced the squad travelling to...
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- The Scout: An Egyptian talent that joined ISIS
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
Ghazal returns in Nacional’s draw against Rio Ave
Nacional de Madeira’s Egyptian defender Aly Ghazal played his first 90 minutes since returning from injury last night in his team’s draw against Rio Ave.
The Egyptian defender hasn’t featured for his side since scoring in CD Nacional’s 3-2 Europa League defeat to Dinamo Minsk, as he was facing a minor injury since returning from international duty with the Pharaohs.
Ghazal played 90 minutes in Nacional’s 0-0 draw with Ahmed Hassan Koka’s Rio Ave last night – as did compatriot Saleh Gomaa – while Mahmoud Ezzat (injured) and Ali Fathy were left out.
The defensive midfielder tweeted on Monday: “Thank God for my first match after the injury. 90 minutes thankfully and a good performance.”
The 22-year-old was left out of Gharib’s national squad to face Botswana on the 10th of October, along with his team-mates Ezzat and Fathy.
This was the first time Aly Ghazal has been dropped by Gharib following a series of poor displays for the national team, where he has been used as a centre-back.
Ghazal will be hoping to get more playing time on the 19th of October when Nacional play Alcanenense.
Nacional currently lie in 16th place in the Primeira Liga, just above the relegation zone.