Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Smouha sack manager Hamada Sedky
Hamada Sedky has been dismissed from his position as Smouha’s coach, club president Mohamed Farag Amer announced on Monday.
Egyptian businessman Mohamed Farag Amer, Smouha’s president, announced via his Facebook page that Hamada Sedky will no longer be the manager of the Alexandrian side, following a decision by the board of directors.
Farag’s statement read: “The board of directors of Smouha Club would like to thank the respectable coach Hamada Sedky, as the coaching staff of the first team has been changed.
“Sedky will remain a dear brother and a precious friend. He worked with honour and integrity,” he concluded.
However, Cairo Giants Al Ahly and Zamalek were able to claim both titles respectively from the Alexandrian team.
The Blues’ position of second in the 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League earned them a spot in the 2015 CAF Champions League for the first time in the club’s history.
Smouha started off the 2014/2015 season brightly with 7 points from 3 games, before they were dealt their first defeat following a late Tala’a El-Gaish comeback.