Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Samir Abdel-Tawab: Shikabala will decide on his future
After leaving to represent the national team on September 8th, Shikabala is still in Egypt, despite having been told to return on the 13th of that month.
This absence came after a row between Sporting and his representatives, who criticized the player for his poor professionalism after he was stranded in Egypt, following a friendly match with Ittihad of Alexandria in August.
After spending several days unreachable, he spoke to the club’s officials and promised to return, but he failed in keeping that promise. Now, with the threat of punishments from Sporting, Shikabala is considering staying in Egypt, according to his agent Samir Abdel-Tawab, who spoke to the Egyptian media.
“Shikabala will decide on his future: If he wants to join Sporting’s team or terminate the contract. That decision will be made in the next few days, at the most,” said Tawab.
The player has also lost his position in the national team, as he hasn’t been training for nearly a month.