Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Samir Abdel-Tawab: Shikabala will decide on his future
After leaving to represent the national team on September 8th, Shikabala is still in Egypt, despite having been told to return on the 13th of that month.
This absence came after a row between Sporting and his representatives, who criticized the player for his poor professionalism after he was stranded in Egypt, following a friendly match with Ittihad of Alexandria in August.
After spending several days unreachable, he spoke to the club’s officials and promised to return, but he failed in keeping that promise. Now, with the threat of punishments from Sporting, Shikabala is considering staying in Egypt, according to his agent Samir Abdel-Tawab, who spoke to the Egyptian media.
“Shikabala will decide on his future: If he wants to join Sporting’s team or terminate the contract. That decision will be made in the next few days, at the most,” said Tawab.
The player has also lost his position in the national team, as he hasn’t been training for nearly a month.