Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Zidan visits Klopp and former Dortmund teammates
The Egyptian star visited his former club on Tuesday and chatted with former coach Jürgen Klopp – who looked very happy to see Zidan – following his visit to the Signal Iduna Park.
33-year-old Zidan, who spent four years with Dortmund, is currently preparing himself physically to return to playing football again; seeking a move ahead of the January transfer window.
The striker shared multiple pictures on Instagram over the weekend with the likes of Marco Reus, Felipe Santana, Shinji Kagawa and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, having spent a night out with the Bundesliga stars – most of whom are former BVB teammates of his.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) October 5, 2014
Mohamed Zidan spent most of career playing in Denmark and Germany prior to a brief spell in the Emirates with Baniyas, and is looking to return to the Bundesliga or Danish Superliga.
“I want to finish my career in Al Ahly, the club which I have loved since my childhood, and I hope to reach an agreement with Al Ahly’s board,” he concluded.
It is worth noting that Zidan is currently a free agent after ending his tenure at Baniyas.