Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Zidan visits Klopp and former Dortmund teammates
The Egyptian star visited his former club on Tuesday and chatted with former coach Jürgen Klopp – who looked very happy to see Zidan – following his visit to the Signal Iduna Park.
33-year-old Zidan, who spent four years with Dortmund, is currently preparing himself physically to return to playing football again; seeking a move ahead of the January transfer window.
The striker shared multiple pictures on Instagram over the weekend with the likes of Marco Reus, Felipe Santana, Shinji Kagawa and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, having spent a night out with the Bundesliga stars – most of whom are former BVB teammates of his.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) October 5, 2014
Mohamed Zidan spent most of career playing in Denmark and Germany prior to a brief spell in the Emirates with Baniyas, and is looking to return to the Bundesliga or Danish Superliga.
Zidan was asked last month whether he had received offers from Egyptian clubs, and he answered: “A lot of offers, most notably Al Ahly, Zamalek, Ismaily and Al Masry.”
“I want to finish my career in Al Ahly, the club which I have loved since my childhood, and I hope to reach an agreement with Al Ahly’s board,” he concluded.
It is worth noting that Zidan is currently a free agent after ending his tenure at Baniyas.