KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Official: Smouha appoint former Cameroon coach Denis Lavagne as manager
Smouha’s board of directors headed by Mohamed Farag Amer have settled for Denis Lavagne as the clubs’ new first team coach to fill in the vacant position.
Despite losing the league on goal difference to Al Ahly and coming runners-up in the Egypt cup last season, Smouha sacked Hamada Sedky – for what the manager described as “difference in the directions of where the club is moving”.
Lavagne, 50, who had previous managerial stints at Étoile du Sahel and the Cameroonian national team was chosen from several coaches nominated for the vacant position.
The Frenchman had an experience in the Egyptian Premier League last season with Ittihad of Alexandria, before leaving for family issues.
With two wins, one draw and a defeat, Smouha currently lie sixth in the Egyptian Premier League. The Alexandrians are to host Dakhleya on October 20th in the fifth gameweek of the league.