Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Official: Smouha appoint former Cameroon coach Denis Lavagne as manager
Smouha’s board of directors headed by Mohamed Farag Amer have settled for Denis Lavagne as the clubs’ new first team coach to fill in the vacant position.
Despite losing the league on goal difference to Al Ahly and coming runners-up in the Egypt cup last season, Smouha sacked Hamada Sedky – for what the manager described as “difference in the directions of where the club is moving”.
Lavagne, 50, who had previous managerial stints at Étoile du Sahel and the Cameroonian national team was chosen from several coaches nominated for the vacant position.
The Frenchman had an experience in the Egyptian Premier League last season with Ittihad of Alexandria, before leaving for family issues.
With two wins, one draw and a defeat, Smouha currently lie sixth in the Egyptian Premier League. The Alexandrians are to host Dakhleya on October 20th in the fifth gameweek of the league.