Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Official: Smouha appoint former Cameroon coach Denis Lavagne as manager
Smouha’s board of directors headed by Mohamed Farag Amer have settled for Denis Lavagne as the clubs’ new first team coach to fill in the vacant position.
Despite losing the league on goal difference to Al Ahly and coming runners-up in the Egypt cup last season, Smouha sacked Hamada Sedky – for what the manager described as “difference in the directions of where the club is moving”.
Lavagne, 50, who had previous managerial stints at Étoile du Sahel and the Cameroonian national team was chosen from several coaches nominated for the vacant position.
The Frenchman had an experience in the Egyptian Premier League last season with Ittihad of Alexandria, before leaving for family issues.
With two wins, one draw and a defeat, Smouha currently lie sixth in the Egyptian Premier League. The Alexandrians are to host Dakhleya on October 20th in the fifth gameweek of the league.