AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Official: Smouha appoint former Cameroon coach Denis Lavagne as manager
Smouha’s board of directors headed by Mohamed Farag Amer have settled for Denis Lavagne as the clubs’ new first team coach to fill in the vacant position.
Despite losing the league on goal difference to Al Ahly and coming runners-up in the Egypt cup last season, Smouha sacked Hamada Sedky – for what the manager described as “difference in the directions of where the club is moving”.
Lavagne, 50, who had previous managerial stints at Étoile du Sahel and the Cameroonian national team was chosen from several coaches nominated for the vacant position.
The Frenchman had an experience in the Egyptian Premier League last season with Ittihad of Alexandria, before leaving for family issues.
With two wins, one draw and a defeat, Smouha currently lie sixth in the Egyptian Premier League. The Alexandrians are to host Dakhleya on October 20th in the fifth gameweek of the league.