In the pre-match conference, Mali’s U20 head coach Baye Ba states that...
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
Official: Smouha appoint former Cameroon coach Denis Lavagne as manager
Smouha’s board of directors headed by Mohamed Farag Amer have settled for Denis Lavagne as the clubs’ new first team coach to fill in the vacant position.
Despite losing the league on goal difference to Al Ahly and coming runners-up in the Egypt cup last season, Smouha sacked Hamada Sedky – for what the manager described as “difference in the directions of where the club is moving”.
Lavagne, 50, who had previous managerial stints at Étoile du Sahel and the Cameroonian national team was chosen from several coaches nominated for the vacant position.
The Frenchman had an experience in the Egyptian Premier League last season with Ittihad of Alexandria, before leaving for family issues.
With two wins, one draw and a defeat, Smouha currently lie sixth in the Egyptian Premier League. The Alexandrians are to host Dakhleya on October 20th in the fifth gameweek of the league.