Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Official: Wadi Degla appoint Hamada Sedky as manager
Former Smouha manager Hamada Sedky has officially been appointed as Wadi Degla’s new first team coach.
The former Smouha coach, who was sacked on Monday following the most successful season in the club’s history, is set to replace Ahmed Hamouda as manager of Wadi Degla. Wadi Degla’s coaching staff will remain to assist Sedky.
Sedky’s Smouha were able to compete with Cairo Giants Al Ahly and Zamalek in the 2013/2014 season; where the Alexandrian team was one of the finalists in both the final stages of the Egyptian Premier League, only to lose the trophy on goal difference and coming runners-up in the Egypt Cup respectively.
Nevertheless, Hamada Sedky’s efforts were able to grant Smouha a place in the 2015 CAF Champions League for the first time in their history.
Wadi Degla started the 2014/2015 Egyptian Premier League season with a 1-1 draw against Petrojet, followed by a 1-0 loss against ENPPI and a 1-0 win over El-Shorta. The club currently lie 11th in the table with three matches played.