An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Official: Wadi Degla appoint Hamada Sedky as manager
Former Smouha manager Hamada Sedky has officially been appointed as Wadi Degla’s new first team coach.
The former Smouha coach, who was sacked on Monday following the most successful season in the club’s history, is set to replace Ahmed Hamouda as manager of Wadi Degla. Wadi Degla’s coaching staff will remain to assist Sedky.
Sedky’s Smouha were able to compete with Cairo Giants Al Ahly and Zamalek in the 2013/2014 season; where the Alexandrian team was one of the finalists in both the final stages of the Egyptian Premier League, only to lose the trophy on goal difference and coming runners-up in the Egypt Cup respectively.
Nevertheless, Hamada Sedky’s efforts were able to grant Smouha a place in the 2015 CAF Champions League for the first time in their history.
Wadi Degla started the 2014/2015 Egyptian Premier League season with a 1-1 draw against Petrojet, followed by a 1-0 loss against ENPPI and a 1-0 win over El-Shorta. The club currently lie 11th in the table with three matches played.