Egypt beat Uganda in the second round of Group D, however, they...
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
Official: Wadi Degla appoint Hamada Sedky as manager
Former Smouha manager Hamada Sedky has officially been appointed as Wadi Degla’s new first team coach.
The former Smouha coach, who was sacked on Monday following the most successful season in the club’s history, is set to replace Ahmed Hamouda as manager of Wadi Degla. Wadi Degla’s coaching staff will remain to assist Sedky.
Sedky’s Smouha were able to compete with Cairo Giants Al Ahly and Zamalek in the 2013/2014 season; where the Alexandrian team was one of the finalists in both the final stages of the Egyptian Premier League, only to lose the trophy on goal difference and coming runners-up in the Egypt Cup respectively.
Nevertheless, Hamada Sedky’s efforts were able to grant Smouha a place in the 2015 CAF Champions League for the first time in their history.
Wadi Degla started the 2014/2015 Egyptian Premier League season with a 1-1 draw against Petrojet, followed by a 1-0 loss against ENPPI and a 1-0 win over El-Shorta. The club currently lie 11th in the table with three matches played.