Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Morocco demands AFCON postponement due to Ebola – L’Equipe
According to L’Equipe, the Ministry of Youth and Sports in Morocco, on the behalf of the Moroccan government, has sent an official request to CAF president Issa Hayatou asking for the postponement of the tournament, following a decision from the Moroccan Ministry of Health to avoid the gatherings of participating countries which are affected by the Ebola virus.
It’s also reported that an official delegation from Morocco is set to meet with Hayatou next week to discuss the possibility of implementing this postponement.
The official statement. pic.twitter.com/mkhimLilzw
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) October 10, 2014
The 2015 African Cup of Nations is currently scheduled to be played from January 17 to February 8 in the Kingdom of Morocco.