Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Morocco demands AFCON postponement due to Ebola – L’Equipe
According to L’Equipe, the Ministry of Youth and Sports in Morocco, on the behalf of the Moroccan government, has sent an official request to CAF president Issa Hayatou asking for the postponement of the tournament, following a decision from the Moroccan Ministry of Health to avoid the gatherings of participating countries which are affected by the Ebola virus.
It’s also reported that an official delegation from Morocco is set to meet with Hayatou next week to discuss the possibility of implementing this postponement.
The official statement. pic.twitter.com/mkhimLilzw
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) October 10, 2014
The 2015 African Cup of Nations is currently scheduled to be played from January 17 to February 8 in the Kingdom of Morocco.