Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Morocco demands AFCON postponement due to Ebola – L’Equipe
According to L’Equipe, the Ministry of Youth and Sports in Morocco, on the behalf of the Moroccan government, has sent an official request to CAF president Issa Hayatou asking for the postponement of the tournament, following a decision from the Moroccan Ministry of Health to avoid the gatherings of participating countries which are affected by the Ebola virus.
It’s also reported that an official delegation from Morocco is set to meet with Hayatou next week to discuss the possibility of implementing this postponement.
The official statement. pic.twitter.com/mkhimLilzw
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) October 10, 2014
The 2015 African Cup of Nations is currently scheduled to be played from January 17 to February 8 in the Kingdom of Morocco.