Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Official: Zamalek appoint Portuguese coach Jaime Pacheco as manager
Pacheco arrived in Cairo on Friday night and watched Zamalek train the following day before putting signing a one-year deal to hold the reigns as the club’s new manager following the surprise sacking of Hossam Hassan.
The 56-year-old arrives with huge pressure on his shoulders – signing a one-year deal worth 48,000 USD per month, as none of his 3 previous counterparts spent more than 7 months in their positions.
Zamalek have been linked with several foreign managers recently, including four-time Copa Libertadores winner Carlos Bianchi and two-time UEFA Champions League runner-up Hector Cuper, among others, but club president Mortada Mansour decided that Jaime Pacheco is the perfect fit to lead his newly-assembled squad in the Egyptian Premier League.
The Portuguese coach has held the helm at Chinese club Beijing Guoan FC for two years since his appointment in 2011, where he led the club to a second and third place finish in the Chinese Super League.
Pacheco’s honours also include winning the Portuguese League in 2001 with Boavista and the Saudi Federation Cup with Al Shabab in his only season as manager.