Zamalek failed to recover from their loss of the CAF Champions League...
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
Official: Zamalek appoint Portuguese coach Jaime Pacheco as manager
Zamalek’s board have finally settled on appointing former Al Shabab and Boavista coach Jaime Pacheco as the club’s new manager.
Pacheco arrived in Cairo on Friday night and watched Zamalek train the following day before putting signing a one-year deal to hold the reigns as the club’s new manager following the surprise sacking of Hossam Hassan.
The 56-year-old arrives with huge pressure on his shoulders – signing a one-year deal worth 48,000 USD per month, as none of his 3 previous counterparts spent more than 7 months in their positions.
Zamalek have been linked with several foreign managers recently, including four-time Copa Libertadores winner Carlos Bianchi and two-time UEFA Champions League runner-up Hector Cuper, among others, but club president Mortada Mansour decided that Jaime Pacheco is the perfect fit to lead his newly-assembled squad in the Egyptian Premier League.
The Portuguese coach has held the helm at Chinese club Beijing Guoan FC for two years since his appointment in 2011, where he led the club to a second and third place finish in the Chinese Super League.
Pacheco’s honours also include winning the Portuguese League in 2001 with Boavista and the Saudi Federation Cup with Al Shabab in his only season as manager.