Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Official: Zamalek appoint Portuguese coach Jaime Pacheco as manager
Zamalek’s board have finally settled on appointing former Al Shabab and Boavista coach Jaime Pacheco as the club’s new manager.
Pacheco arrived in Cairo on Friday night and watched Zamalek train the following day before putting signing a one-year deal to hold the reigns as the club’s new manager following the surprise sacking of Hossam Hassan.
The 56-year-old arrives with huge pressure on his shoulders – signing a one-year deal worth 48,000 USD per month, as none of his 3 previous counterparts spent more than 7 months in their positions.
Zamalek have been linked with several foreign managers recently, including four-time Copa Libertadores winner Carlos Bianchi and two-time UEFA Champions League runner-up Hector Cuper, among others, but club president Mortada Mansour decided that Jaime Pacheco is the perfect fit to lead his newly-assembled squad in the Egyptian Premier League.
The Portuguese coach has held the helm at Chinese club Beijing Guoan FC for two years since his appointment in 2011, where he led the club to a second and third place finish in the Chinese Super League.
Pacheco’s honours also include winning the Portuguese League in 2001 with Boavista and the Saudi Federation Cup with Al Shabab in his only season as manager.