Egypt manager Hector Cuper believes that the Pharaohs didn’t play badly in...
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
Shawky El-Said returns from Botswana with monkey in a box – Report
Shawky El-Said was spotted in the Cairo International Airport carrying what looked to be a new vacuum cleaner, following the national team’s return from Botswana, something which has led to much confusion in Egypt with the photo circulating social media.
To make things more interesting, a source close to the player confirmed that he was carrying his new ‘pet’ within this vacuum cleaner box, a monkey, according to Esportana.
This monkey was reportedly a gift from a Motswana, who had asked for El-Said’s shirt following Egypt’s match against Botswana in the 2015 AFCON qualifier, which ended 2-0 in the Egyptians’ favour.
It was also reported that El-Said has currently left the monkey in the care of his friend, as he is currently in the national team camp ahead of the second clash against Botswana in Cairo on Wednesday, October 15th.