Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Former Mainz teammate speaks about Mohamed Zidan
Bundesliga.de sat down with the 35-year-old 1. FSV Mainz defender to talk about his 10 years at the club.
Halfway through the interview, when asked about all the players who he has seen come and go, he mentions Mohamed Zidan.
“A few times he left, a few times he came back. I think three times in total, if I remember correctly.
“Zidan was a rather anarchic forward. He got the freedom from the coaches that he needed and always repaid them with goals,” he concluded.
Mohamed Zidan – who holds a Bundesliga winners medal – scored 47 goals and 17 assists in 155 games playing for Mainz, Hamburg and Borussia Dortmund during his time in Germany. 30 of those goals were scored during his time at Mainz 05.