Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Egypt’s Nations Cup qualifier with Senegal pushed back
The new date for the all-important clash is Saturday, November 15 in Cairo, according to comments by the Egypt FA’s Azmi Megahed. The match was originally slated for November 14.
Megahed also said the FA was in talks with security and ministerial officials about increasing the number of fans that are allowed to attend the match. It was announced that 20,000 were on hand for Egypt’s last home game against Botswana, though it appeared the actual number might have been even less.
Egypt is currently third in Group G with six points, one behind Senegal and four behind leaders Tunisia. Only the top two teams in each group – along with the best third-placed finisher among all groups – will qualify for next year’s finals in Morocco.
As things stand, Egypt would qualify as the competition’s best third-placed team. The Pharaohs are tied on points with Ivory Coast for that distinction, but currently own the tie-breaker on goal difference.
There has been public uncertainty regarding whether or not the competition would go ahead as scheduled due to the Ebola virus outbreak. Moroccan officials have expressed concern over hosting the 30th edition of African football’s showpiece event, due to kick-off January 17.
CAF, African football’s governing body, has purportedly asked several other African football federations to be on stand-by in case a Moroccan withdrawal becomes official.