KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Pacheco: I know Zamalek’s exact problem & I will fix it
Pacheco assured that despite his presence on the bench on Monday, he had nothing to do with the technicality of the team in their match against Wadi Degla, which ended in a 0-0 draw.
This match was the debut for the former Al-Shabab and Boavista coach, who recently signed a one-year deal with Zamalek, and although admitting that yet he witnessed a number of mistakes, the 57-year-old Portuguese coach did not ‘interfere’ with assistant coach Mohamed Salah.
“Assistant coach Mohamed Salah was the one in charge of the team,” Pacheco said after the match.
“I had full confidence in him and was there only to boost the player morale and stand behind technical staff.
“I saw a pattern in the players’ mistakes but refused to intervene out of respect for assistant coach Salah,” he added.
Pacheco assured that he knows the problem and he will be working on it in the next few days.
“Degla played a defensive game, but we still have trouble reaching the goal. I know the exact problem and will work to fix it in the coming days,” he concluded.
Zamalek are currently 10th in the league with 6 points from 4 matches.