Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi is set to visit Egypt on...
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
Pacheco: I know Zamalek’s exact problem & I will fix it
Newly-appointed Zamalek coach Jaime Pacheco revealed he witnessed a number of technical mistakes after taking the bench for the first time on Monday, and will soon solve the issues within his team.
Pacheco assured that despite his presence on the bench on Monday, he had nothing to do with the technicality of the team in their match against Wadi Degla, which ended in a 0-0 draw.
This match was the debut for the former Al-Shabab and Boavista coach, who recently signed a one-year deal with Zamalek, and although admitting that yet he witnessed a number of mistakes, the 57-year-old Portuguese coach did not ‘interfere’ with assistant coach Mohamed Salah.
“Assistant coach Mohamed Salah was the one in charge of the team,” Pacheco said after the match.
“I had full confidence in him and was there only to boost the player morale and stand behind technical staff.
“I saw a pattern in the players’ mistakes but refused to intervene out of respect for assistant coach Salah,” he added.
Pacheco assured that he knows the problem and he will be working on it in the next few days.
“Degla played a defensive game, but we still have trouble reaching the goal. I know the exact problem and will work to fix it in the coming days,” he concluded.
Zamalek are currently 10th in the league with 6 points from 4 matches.