Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Pacheco: I know Zamalek’s exact problem & I will fix it
Pacheco assured that despite his presence on the bench on Monday, he had nothing to do with the technicality of the team in their match against Wadi Degla, which ended in a 0-0 draw.
This match was the debut for the former Al-Shabab and Boavista coach, who recently signed a one-year deal with Zamalek, and although admitting that yet he witnessed a number of mistakes, the 57-year-old Portuguese coach did not ‘interfere’ with assistant coach Mohamed Salah.
“Assistant coach Mohamed Salah was the one in charge of the team,” Pacheco said after the match.
“I had full confidence in him and was there only to boost the player morale and stand behind technical staff.
“I saw a pattern in the players’ mistakes but refused to intervene out of respect for assistant coach Salah,” he added.
Pacheco assured that he knows the problem and he will be working on it in the next few days.
“Degla played a defensive game, but we still have trouble reaching the goal. I know the exact problem and will work to fix it in the coming days,” he concluded.
Zamalek are currently 10th in the league with 6 points from 4 matches.