Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
VIDEO: Saleh Gomaa assists in Nacional win
Egyptian international Saleh Gomaa assisted the only goal of the game as Nacional defeated Académica 1-0 on Sunday afternoon.
Struggling for form of late with just one win in the Liga prior to this game, this was a very important match for Nacional, who have been hovering above the relegation zone for quite a few weeks.
The only goal of the game came 25 minutes from the end; with Saleh Gomaa’s incredible long-range pass finding Marco Matias, who took a couple of touches, before slotting the ball past Cristiano in the Académica goal.
Gomaa now has two assists for the season, and his side now move four points away from the relegation zone into 11th place.
Elsewhere in Portugal today; Mohamed Ibrahim started for Marítimo in their 4-2 loss away at Sporting. An own goal from Marítimo centre-back Bauer, along with strikes from João Mário and Paulo Oliveira, gave the Lisbon giants a commanding 3-0 lead at half-time.
But shortly after the interval, a quick-fire double from Maâzou put Marítimo right back into the game, but ultimately, Sporting proved too good in the end, as a stunning strike from Fredy Montero 24 minutes from the end sealed a 4-2 win.