Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
VIDEO: Saleh Gomaa assists in Nacional win
Egyptian international Saleh Gomaa assisted the only goal of the game as Nacional defeated Académica 1-0 on Sunday afternoon.
Struggling for form of late with just one win in the Liga prior to this game, this was a very important match for Nacional, who have been hovering above the relegation zone for quite a few weeks.
The only goal of the game came 25 minutes from the end; with Saleh Gomaa’s incredible long-range pass finding Marco Matias, who took a couple of touches, before slotting the ball past Cristiano in the Académica goal.
Gomaa now has two assists for the season, and his side now move four points away from the relegation zone into 11th place.
Elsewhere in Portugal today; Mohamed Ibrahim started for Marítimo in their 4-2 loss away at Sporting. An own goal from Marítimo centre-back Bauer, along with strikes from João Mário and Paulo Oliveira, gave the Lisbon giants a commanding 3-0 lead at half-time.
But shortly after the interval, a quick-fire double from Maâzou put Marítimo right back into the game, but ultimately, Sporting proved too good in the end, as a stunning strike from Fredy Montero 24 minutes from the end sealed a 4-2 win.