Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
VIDEO: Saleh Gomaa assists in Nacional win
Egyptian international Saleh Gomaa assisted the only goal of the game as Nacional defeated Académica 1-0 on Sunday afternoon.
Struggling for form of late with just one win in the Liga prior to this game, this was a very important match for Nacional, who have been hovering above the relegation zone for quite a few weeks.
The only goal of the game came 25 minutes from the end; with Saleh Gomaa’s incredible long-range pass finding Marco Matias, who took a couple of touches, before slotting the ball past Cristiano in the Académica goal.
Gomaa now has two assists for the season, and his side now move four points away from the relegation zone into 11th place.
Elsewhere in Portugal today; Mohamed Ibrahim started for Marítimo in their 4-2 loss away at Sporting. An own goal from Marítimo centre-back Bauer, along with strikes from João Mário and Paulo Oliveira, gave the Lisbon giants a commanding 3-0 lead at half-time.
But shortly after the interval, a quick-fire double from Maâzou put Marítimo right back into the game, but ultimately, Sporting proved too good in the end, as a stunning strike from Fredy Montero 24 minutes from the end sealed a 4-2 win.