Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
VIDEO: Saleh Gomaa assists in Nacional win
Egyptian international Saleh Gomaa assisted the only goal of the game as Nacional defeated Académica 1-0 on Sunday afternoon.
Struggling for form of late with just one win in the Liga prior to this game, this was a very important match for Nacional, who have been hovering above the relegation zone for quite a few weeks.
The only goal of the game came 25 minutes from the end; with Saleh Gomaa’s incredible long-range pass finding Marco Matias, who took a couple of touches, before slotting the ball past Cristiano in the Académica goal.
Gomaa now has two assists for the season, and his side now move four points away from the relegation zone into 11th place.
Elsewhere in Portugal today; Mohamed Ibrahim started for Marítimo in their 4-2 loss away at Sporting. An own goal from Marítimo centre-back Bauer, along with strikes from João Mário and Paulo Oliveira, gave the Lisbon giants a commanding 3-0 lead at half-time.
But shortly after the interval, a quick-fire double from Maâzou put Marítimo right back into the game, but ultimately, Sporting proved too good in the end, as a stunning strike from Fredy Montero 24 minutes from the end sealed a 4-2 win.