Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
VIDEO: Saleh Gomaa assists in Nacional win
Egyptian international Saleh Gomaa assisted the only goal of the game as Nacional defeated Académica 1-0 on Sunday afternoon.
Struggling for form of late with just one win in the Liga prior to this game, this was a very important match for Nacional, who have been hovering above the relegation zone for quite a few weeks.
The only goal of the game came 25 minutes from the end; with Saleh Gomaa’s incredible long-range pass finding Marco Matias, who took a couple of touches, before slotting the ball past Cristiano in the Académica goal.
Gomaa now has two assists for the season, and his side now move four points away from the relegation zone into 11th place.
Elsewhere in Portugal today; Mohamed Ibrahim started for Marítimo in their 4-2 loss away at Sporting. An own goal from Marítimo centre-back Bauer, along with strikes from João Mário and Paulo Oliveira, gave the Lisbon giants a commanding 3-0 lead at half-time.
But shortly after the interval, a quick-fire double from Maâzou put Marítimo right back into the game, but ultimately, Sporting proved too good in the end, as a stunning strike from Fredy Montero 24 minutes from the end sealed a 4-2 win.