Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan appointed new Ittihad of Alexandria manager
Former Jordan national team coach Hossam Hassan led Zamalek SC for only six matches this year, recording 1 win, 2 draws and 3 losses before he was sacked earlier this month – following a 0-0 draw with Dakhleya – and replaced by Portuguese coach Jaime Pacheco.
The 48-year-old will continue his managerial career in Egypt with Ittihad of Alexandria after coach Talaat Youssef stepped down from his position following the team’s 2-0 loss against Wadi Degla on Sunday.
The new managing team of the Alexandrian side consists of Tarek Soliman, Ibrahim Hassan, Emad El-Mandouh and former Al Ahly and Zamalek midfielder Hassan Mostafa.
Ittihad, who have 8 points from 6 games, next face Hassan’s former side Zamalek in the Egyptian Premier League on the 30th of October.