Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Blanco 3000: Egypt-eligible striker makes Barcelona SC history
Egypt-eligible Ismael Blanco was honoured last night for scoring Barcelona SC’s 3000th goal in Ecuador’s Serie A.
31-year-old striker Ismael Blanco scored a hat-trick for Ecuador’s Barcelona last weekend, and his 3rd goal was the club’s 3000th in the league.
Barcelona’s vice president Luis Noboa presented a framed jersey to the Argentine-Egyptian on behalf of the fans of the country’s most successful club, with the number 3000 – which is the record figure achieved – and ‘Blanco’ printed on the back.
Ismael scored all but his side’s third goal of the night in a 4-1 thrashing of El Nacional at the Estadio Monumental Banco Pichincha.
Blanco now has 7 goals in 8 games so far this seasons after moving from Argentina’s Lanus last summer.
It’s worth mentioning that Egypt coach Shawky Gharib had previously confirmed his staff are interested in calling up Blanco to the national team.
“We’ve made calls with the boy (Blanco), and he wants to play for Egypt,” said Gharib.
Video of Blanco’s hat-trick can be viewed below: