Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Blanco 3000: Egypt-eligible striker makes Barcelona SC history
31-year-old striker Ismael Blanco scored a hat-trick for Ecuador’s Barcelona last weekend, and his 3rd goal was the club’s 3000th in the league.
Barcelona’s vice president Luis Noboa presented a framed jersey to the Argentine-Egyptian on behalf of the fans of the country’s most successful club, with the number 3000 – which is the record figure achieved – and ‘Blanco’ printed on the back.
Ismael scored all but his side’s third goal of the night in a 4-1 thrashing of El Nacional at the Estadio Monumental Banco Pichincha.
Blanco now has 7 goals in 8 games so far this seasons after moving from Argentina’s Lanus last summer.
It’s worth mentioning that Egypt coach Shawky Gharib had previously confirmed his staff are interested in calling up Blanco to the national team.
“We’ve made calls with the boy (Blanco), and he wants to play for Egypt,” said Gharib.
Video of Blanco’s hat-trick can be viewed below: