Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Blanco 3000: Egypt-eligible striker makes Barcelona SC history
Egypt-eligible Ismael Blanco was honoured last night for scoring Barcelona SC’s 3000th goal in Ecuador’s Serie A.
31-year-old striker Ismael Blanco scored a hat-trick for Ecuador’s Barcelona last weekend, and his 3rd goal was the club’s 3000th in the league.
Barcelona’s vice president Luis Noboa presented a framed jersey to the Argentine-Egyptian on behalf of the fans of the country’s most successful club, with the number 3000 – which is the record figure achieved – and ‘Blanco’ printed on the back.
Ismael scored all but his side’s third goal of the night in a 4-1 thrashing of El Nacional at the Estadio Monumental Banco Pichincha.
Blanco now has 7 goals in 8 games so far this seasons after moving from Argentina’s Lanus last summer.
It’s worth mentioning that Egypt coach Shawky Gharib had previously confirmed his staff are interested in calling up Blanco to the national team.
“We’ve made calls with the boy (Blanco), and he wants to play for Egypt,” said Gharib.
Video of Blanco’s hat-trick can be viewed below: