Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Amr Gamal tears anterior cruciate ligament
23-year-old Gamal was injured before the end of the first half of Al Ahly’s match in the sixth round of the Egyptian Premier League against Assiouty Sport which ended in a 0-0 draw.
Al Ahly are finalizing all the needed procedures for Gamal to travel to Germany as soon as possible to proceed with ACL surgery.
“I went through X-Ray on Monday and it was a confirmed ACL tear and cut in the cartilage of the knee. I will go to the club to agree with the medical staff on the treatment program,” Gamal told Yallakora.
Gamal’s injury means he could be sidelined for up to six months and is a huge loss for the Egyptian national team as they will lose his services in the crucial final qualifying rounds of the 2015 African Cup of Nations this November.