Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Pacheco announces Zamalek squad to face Ittihad of Alexandria
On Tuesday evening, Portuguese manager Pacheco announced the 20 players called up for the match against the Green Giants, taking place on Thursday, the 30th of October.
The Whites will face off against former boss Hossam Hassan, who has been newly-appointed as manager of Ittihad of Alexandria.
Pacheco will be managing only his second match in Egypt after being hired as Hossam Hassan’s replacement.
The squad list witnessed the return of Abdoulaye Cissé, Mostafa Fathi and Mahmoud ‘Gennesh’ after they were excluded from the squad that beat Smouha 2-0 in matchday 6, while Ayman Hefny will be out due to suspension after accumulating 3 yellow cards.
The Zamalek squad is as follows:
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy and Mahmoud ‘Gennesh’.
Defenders: Ahmed Samir, Ali Gabr, Hamada Tolba, Hazem Emam and Mohamed Koffi.
Midfielders: Ahmed Tawfik, Ibrahim Salah, Momen Zakaria, Moruf Yusuf, Mostafa Fathi, Omar Gaber, Mostafa Fathi and Tarek Hamed.
Forwards: Ahmed Eid, Basem Morsi, Khaled Kamar, Abdoulaye Cissé and Youssef Ibrahim “Obama”.
Zamalek lie 8th in the league while Ittihad are placed 16th.