Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Yacine Brahimi named 2013-14’s Best African Footballer in Spain
Yacine Brahimi was named the Best African Footballer in the La Liga 2013-14 season for his performances at Granada CF.
The Algerian international has featured in 35 out of the 38 La Liga season games for Granada scoring three times and assisting four. His last goal for the club gave his unfancied side a 1-0 victory against Barcelona in April this year.
Brahimi moved to Portuguese side FC Porto in the 2014 summer transfer window for a transfer fee of approximately £6 million. He already started to show his worth at his new outfit with four goals in their UEFA Champions League campaign, including one in the qualification round against French side Lille.
The remainder came in a magnificent hat-trick against BATE Borisov in a game that ended 6-0 for the Portuguese giants.
The 24-year-old began his international career playing for French youth squads, from U-16 to U-21, before choosing to play for Algeria at senior level. Having made his debut against Benin in March 2013, Brahimi quickly became a significant player in the Algerian national team squad.
He currently has three goals for Algeria with one goal in the 2014 World Cup against South Korea and two in the ongoing African Cup of Nations qualifiers.