KingFut covers all the action as Egypt take on Mali in their...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
Yacine Brahimi named 2013-14’s Best African Footballer in Spain
Yacine Brahimi was named the Best African Footballer in the La Liga 2013-14 season for his performances at Granada CF.
The Algerian international has featured in 35 out of the 38 La Liga season games for Granada scoring three times and assisting four. His last goal for the club gave his unfancied side a 1-0 victory against Barcelona in April this year.
Brahimi moved to Portuguese side FC Porto in the 2014 summer transfer window for a transfer fee of approximately £6 million. He already started to show his worth at his new outfit with four goals in their UEFA Champions League campaign, including one in the qualification round against French side Lille.
The remainder came in a magnificent hat-trick against BATE Borisov in a game that ended 6-0 for the Portuguese giants.
The 24-year-old began his international career playing for French youth squads, from U-16 to U-21, before choosing to play for Algeria at senior level. Having made his debut against Benin in March 2013, Brahimi quickly became a significant player in the Algerian national team squad.
He currently has three goals for Algeria with one goal in the 2014 World Cup against South Korea and two in the ongoing African Cup of Nations qualifiers.