Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Marítimo sign young Egyptian Mohamed Mohsen
The 19-year-old made his debut for Marítimo ‘C’ on Sunday afternoon in a 1-2 win over Gafanha in the Campeonato Nacional (third division), playing 75 minutes before coming off injured.
In a statement posted after the game on Facebook, Marítimo described his debut as a “very positive” one, while also welcoming him to the club.
Mohsen, who can play as a centre-back or defensive-midfielder, has played in Egypt for Petrojet, ENPPI and Al-Marreikh (Port Said) in the past, as well as the youth national team.
The Egyptian attracted interest from Marítimo in September, later being offered a trial, which was a success.
He joins on a reported one-year contract, and will link up with compatriot Mohamed Ibrahim, who joined the Portuguese side in August from Zamalek.