After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
Marítimo sign young Egyptian Mohamed Mohsen
The 19-year-old made his debut for Marítimo ‘C’ on Sunday afternoon in a 1-2 win over Gafanha in the Campeonato Nacional (third division), playing 75 minutes before coming off injured.
In a statement posted after the game on Facebook, Marítimo described his debut as a “very positive” one, while also welcoming him to the club.
Mohsen, who can play as a centre-back or defensive-midfielder, has played in Egypt for Petrojet, ENPPI and Al-Marreikh (Port Said) in the past, as well as the youth national team.
The Egyptian attracted interest from Marítimo in September, later being offered a trial, which was a success.
He joins on a reported one-year contract, and will link up with compatriot Mohamed Ibrahim, who joined the Portuguese side in August from Zamalek.