Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Marítimo sign young Egyptian Mohamed Mohsen
The 19-year-old made his debut for Marítimo ‘C’ on Sunday afternoon in a 1-2 win over Gafanha in the Campeonato Nacional (third division), playing 75 minutes before coming off injured.
In a statement posted after the game on Facebook, Marítimo described his debut as a “very positive” one, while also welcoming him to the club.
Mohsen, who can play as a centre-back or defensive-midfielder, has played in Egypt for Petrojet, ENPPI and Al-Marreikh (Port Said) in the past, as well as the youth national team.
The Egyptian attracted interest from Marítimo in September, later being offered a trial, which was a success.
He joins on a reported one-year contract, and will link up with compatriot Mohamed Ibrahim, who joined the Portuguese side in August from Zamalek.