Zamalek have reportedly refused to let their player Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh join the Egyptian locals national...
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
Mourinho disappointed by Salah’s performance among others in Chelsea win
Mourinho was reportedly angry with his reserve players’ displays in Chelsea’s 2-1 away win in the League Cup round of 16 tie against Shrewsbury, as they failed to impose themselves against the League Two side, leaving the Portuguese manager with an ‘easy’ team selection for Saturday, according to The Daily Mail.
Salah, who was only making his second start for Chelsea this season – since the Blues’ previous League Cup tie with Bolton Wanderers – assisted the opener scored by Didier Drogba, but failed to make a positive impression on his manager with his poor finishing on display.
Andre Schurrle, Nathan Ake, Kurt Zouma and Andreas Christensen were other fringe players who started at the Greenhouse Meadow.
“If players that played 90 minutes two days ago were fantastic, I expect people who are not playing a lot to raise the level to create me problems.
“I love problems of choices, and it is easy to choose my team for Saturday,” Mourinho continued.
When asked specifically if Salah and Schurrle had disappointed him, Mourinho replied: “Yes.”
Mourinho shed some light on his reasoning for replacing Salah and Nigerian international John Obi Mikel on the 79th minute mark with regular starters Willian and Nemanja Matić respectively, with the scoreline levelled at 1-1.
“When you have the possibility of extra time you have to control the emotions as a manager,” Mourinho said, “I had to make two changes to give a new blood and new kind of qualities to the team.”
“I was worried when they equalised but we go through and Didier played a massive part in that,” he added.
“Hopefully he will be good for the weekend but we will have to see because right now his character is stronger than his body.
“Maybe what he has done is through his character – not his body.
“That’s what makes players special and if I was a kid player and I play with this guy on my side, 18, 19, 21, 22, what can I wish more? For the kids it is a privilege and they have to learn by example.”