Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
VIDEO: Tala’a El-Gaish striker Arafa El-Sayed hits second consecutive hat-trick in Maqassa win
This season’s current top scorer Arafa El-Sayed continued his superb form with his second consecutive hat-trick – taking his tally to 9 goals this season after only seven games – as he led the Army’s Vanguards to a 6-1 thrashing of third-placed side Maqassa.
The 26-year-old striker, who was transferred to El-Gaish over the summer after only making six league appearances for Zamalek – four of which were off the bench – hit three past Egypt goalkeeper and former Whites team-mate Abdel-Wahid El-Sayed.
Arafa scored in the 3rd, 78th and 87th minutes, London-born American-Ghanaian striker Kwame ‘Dodji’ Adjeman-Pamboe hit a brace, while Said Kamal was also on target for Anwar Salama’s side; leaving Wael Farag’s goal for Maqassa a small consolation.
Arafa El-Sayed’s form could very well lead to his first Egypt call-up after Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury, while Pharaohs boss Shawky Gharib confirms he’s monitoring the domestic league for breakthrough replacements.
Tala’a El-Gaish are now second in the league with 13 points from seven games, trailing only Haras El-Hodood, who have a game in hand, by one point.
El-Sayed’s hat-trick vs Maqassa:
El-Sayed’s 6 previous goals: