Egypt international Mohamed Salah featured in his side’s 3-1 loss to arch-rivals Lazio...
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
VIDEO: Tala’a El-Gaish striker Arafa El-Sayed hits second consecutive hat-trick in Maqassa win
This season’s current top scorer Arafa El-Sayed continued his superb form with his second consecutive hat-trick – taking his tally to 9 goals this season after only seven games – as he led the Army’s Vanguards to a 6-1 thrashing of third-placed side Maqassa.
The 26-year-old striker, who was transferred to El-Gaish over the summer after only making six league appearances for Zamalek – four of which were off the bench – hit three past Egypt goalkeeper and former Whites team-mate Abdel-Wahid El-Sayed.
Arafa scored in the 3rd, 78th and 87th minutes, London-born American-Ghanaian striker Kwame ‘Dodji’ Adjeman-Pamboe hit a brace, while Said Kamal was also on target for Anwar Salama’s side; leaving Wael Farag’s goal for Maqassa a small consolation.
Arafa El-Sayed’s form could very well lead to his first Egypt call-up after Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury, while Pharaohs boss Shawky Gharib confirms he’s monitoring the domestic league for breakthrough replacements.
Tala’a El-Gaish are now second in the league with 13 points from seven games, trailing only Haras El-Hodood, who have a game in hand, by one point.
El-Sayed’s hat-trick vs Maqassa:
El-Sayed’s 6 previous goals: