Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Emad Meteb handed suspended jail sentence
Emad Meteb has been handed a three-month suspended jail sentence by a Cairo court this morning, as well as being fined.
The former Egyptian Premier League top scorer had allegedly been in an altercation with the police in New Cairo over his illegally parked car, in which he pulled out a handgun to threaten an officer last April.
After appealing the court’s first ruling of a six-month jail sentence and 20,000 EGP bail, today the court reduced the ruling to a three-month suspended sentence, which according to the striker’s lawyer Hisham Abd Rabou, is “in Emad’s favor” and that despite the ruling, he is available to travel with Al Ahly outside the country.
Meteb is Al Ahly’s only striker left in the club’s African squad as Gedo and Amr Gamal have both suffered long term ACL injuries over the course of the season, while Ahmed Abdel-Zaher was not included in the Champions League squad.